General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle Air Control Valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Exclamation Idle Air Control Valve

Does anyone have a link to a diagram to show where under the hood the idle air intake valve is on a 2000 Accord SE 4cylinder VTech and how to properly take it out and clean it?? My idle is goin crazy and I heard this might be one of the problems...Thanks!

Old 05-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

It's #9 on the back side of the intake manifold. Have fun with not much room between there & the firewall...

The 2 nipples on the bottom are for coolant hoses, if you disconnect them you'll have to bleed air out when you're done.

Clean it out with throttlebody cleaner. Get a new gasket #10 because it's probably hardened from age & heat.

Look for instructions on setting the BASE idle.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks jim!

Old 06-24-2012, 04:26 AM

hey Jim im Ernie,good input on the IAC,i need to replace my IAC valve,when i 1st.bought "HER" i knew the IAC was giving "HER" a problem!so i took it off an cleaned it up!then just before i was going to put it on i held the IAC in my hand an shook it,i could hear a noise inside the IAC valve like something inside moving back an forth as i shook it!
but after a few times of shaking it the noise i heard stopped!but i read somewhere that you should hear that noise i heard?anyhow its been about 4months now iv had "HER" an the Wife see's how much i love "HER"!she tells me OMG!your in love with your car!i can't deny it cause i do!so come this payday my wife my better half as i like to call her said i can go buy all the valves i need for "HER"!
so im going to go buy all 3 valves(IAC valve,FIT valve an starting air valve)even if she doesnt need the 3?im getting them!cause my better half said i could!thanks mama!