General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Code P1106

Old 01-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Default Code P1106

Hey guys wondering if you can help me out

Driving my car the other day i notice that from 2k-4k the car was really bogging down. I drove it home and the check engine light came one while i was driving. I took the car to autozone and got free check engine light thing. The code was P1106 abd it says

"Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/performace
Probable causes
1: failed ECM

so i dorve it back home and my brother suggest that i put my OEM spark wires back on, i did and then i drove the car again it seem to fix as the car was not bogging from 2k-4k any more. But then when i got above 3.5k i felt the bogging down of the engine again.
Now the problem persist no matter what wires i use.

Anyone have any tips on what to do, so i just reset the whole ECU, or do i need a new Barometric Pressure Circuit, if i do does anyone know where i can buy it and if anyone know where it is so i can install it myself. Any adice would be greatly appecaited. THX guys.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Default RE: Code P1106

ok sry for the double post but...

I did spme reading and looks like the BURO sensor is soldered to the damn ECU or ECM. Looks like iam gonna need a new ECU. Anyway i just wanted to ask now, my motor is a ULEV motor, but do i have to get the ULEV ECU so the car can work. CAnt i get a ECu from a F23A1 which is a normal ECU, or do i have to get a ECU from a F23A4 ULEV. I rather pefer i get a F23A1 one becuase i know a place i can get one for cheap. Any ideas?

Old 01-06-2008, 12:33 PM

this code sets from clogged air intakes or air filters. take off your air cleaner/intake assembly and fitler and thouroughly clean it. clear the code, start the car, hold it at 2500 rpm until the radiator fans cycle on twiceand road test with the transmission in D2. accelerate for 5 seconds at wide open throttle. if it recodes replace the pcm. keep in mind it['s a two trip dtc, so if may not set a cel on the first road test. if it doesn't recode be happy.

if it does recode you'll need a ULEV pcm.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: HondatechAV6

this code sets from clogged air intakes or air filters. take off your air cleaner/intake assembly and fitler and thouroughly clean it. clear the code, start the car, hold it at 2500 rpm until the radiator fans cycle on twiceand road test with the transmission in D2. accelerate for 5 seconds at wide open throttle. if it recodes replace the pcm. keep in mind it['s a two trip dtc, so if may not set a cel on the first road test. if it doesn't recode be happy.

if it does recode you'll need a ULEV pcm.

YOU ARE THE MAN THX YOU SO MUCH, I check the intake system and found out that one of the metal peicaes from my air filter system got sucked in. The metal peice is pretty big and was blocking the butterfly from opening. I took out the metal peice and put stock intake in. Car runs fantatic now. Thx you very much. you save me alot of money and headache. I appeciate you help so much thank you. Now i just got to buy a a new air filter. THX again.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:04 PM

AWESOME!!! spin the wheels for me! [8D]