General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compass Zone not being saved

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Default Compass Zone not being saved

This is my first post. I am having trouble with my brand new Accord Touring navigation system. I have discussed it with the dealer, and they are stumped as well. The nav system vehicle pointer is offset but parallel with my actual street, when pointed in the right direction of travel. The offset is in the order of up to 1/8 of a mile. Sometimes but not always, the nav map spins around every few seconds, and takes several miles of driving to "find me". This happens intermittently right after restarting the vehicle. Here is what I would like to pursue before returning to the dealer: I would like to reset the compass calibration zone to the correct one. When I go through the procedure shown in my owner's manual (pg 411, etc.), I select my zone (11), changing it from the existing zone "0" setting, and then calibrate (driving in circles, etc.). The CAL light never comes on. When I check the calibration zone again moments later, the calibration zone still shows as "0". My attempt to permanently save it to zone "11" is not being recognized. I have a suspicion that this condition (not being in the right zone) is contributing to the offset error. Any suggestions?

Old 10-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not familiar with the setup on newer accords. Is there something simple you are missing like hitting enter for the navigation system to set the zone?

Sounds like you will need to get the proper zone set in your system before doing any more troubleshooting. You should find out if the dealership can reflash the navigation system to make sure the software is running properly. They may be able to enter the zone using their honda scanner as well. Since it is a new car, they should take care of the issue.

Good luck.