General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confirmed Fix - 94 Windows and Door locks not working?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Ok so after going thru everything again I have found that Im getting power all the way to the motors in the door but yet not the switch wont roll the windows up or down (passenger window stuck half way down) so I used one of my 12 volt dewalt batterys for my drill and hooked up some jumper wires to it and the passenger window rolled up, slowly at a pimps pace but it went up. So I then tried it on the drivers window to see if the motor on it was any good and it wont do anything. even with a freashly charged 12 volt battery. So I guess my next question is if the motor on the drivers side is bad will that cause the other windows not to work?

Thank you so much for all your help!

Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Did the window and lock problems start at the same time?

Did you check the child safety switch on the driver's master switch?

What wire color(s) are getting power at the master switch?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Im not sure if they started at the same time or not since I bought this car with this problem already. The child safety switch is off and I have already tried 4 different master switches (drivers door) and none of them work. With out going out and writing down what wires get power as I go along I cant remember what ones have power. Is there somewhere I can download a wiring diagram for the drivers door? Or can you send me a link to one? Any help is greatly appriciated.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Read 2nd post in this thread for manual.

good luck

Old 07-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies

the only wire going to the master switch that Im getting power to is the thick black wire... doesnt make sense to me since usually black is meant for ground?

Old 07-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Is this a 2 dr or 4 dr? As TX has said, there is a link to a manual for the 94 Accord.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Its a 4dr. Ive gone to those links and everytime I download it I get some crazy stuff. Its all encripted or something. Im not very computer savy so im having a hard time plus My computer is about as old as my Honda.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:39 AM

94 had a delay relay that held power on for 2 minutes after ignition is turned off to raise forgotten windows. This relay is in the ignition fuse block that is near the steering column. It powers the relay under the hood (right side). I just ran a new ignition wire to the relay under the hood. If the ign delay relay fails in the on position it will keep the under hood relay powered continuously and drain the battery.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Did that take care of the windows and door locks?

Old 08-04-2013, 11:40 PM

I had the time delay relay stuck on that gave me a drain. The manual ign lead to the relay solved my problem. But you say you have power to all your motors. I had to get the diagram out and research your problem. I am assuming you have power through Fuse 24,25,26 &28 in under hood fuse and relay box right side engine compartment. The power window relay powers all these fuses. The key to all the switches is the master switch. The master switch controls the grounds for all the windows. Looks like the black wire off of the master switch goes through a connector in the door and then to a ground (left side of I/P) instrument panel?. Try grounding the black wire on the master switch. Window switches are weird because they reverse the polarity to the motor to raise or lower.

Quick Reply: Confirmed Fix - 94 Windows and Door locks not working?