General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Could I fit a surfboard inside?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 PM
dpc1192
Unregistered
Default Could I fit a surfboard inside?

I'm a surfer who's looking at Accords as a potential next car, but I'm worried that the rear seats might not fold down thus meaning surfboards couldn't fit... So do they? Is there anyway I could fit around 6'-6'5 surfboards in the car?

Not really digging the whole roofrack idea either.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:01 AM
j_tuneberg
Unregistered
Default RE: Could I fit a surfboard inside?

yah look in the trunk there should be 2yellow loophandels one on eather side of the trunk pull thoes handels and push the rear seats down

Old 10-09-2008, 08:33 AM

I have an 08 accord coupe and I fit 2 8ft running boards for my truck in it.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:02 AM

It depends on what year model you get.
My 95 V6 - the rear seats fold down - there is an area above the beack seats where you put the key in and unlock it, then you fold the seats down.
My 2000 LX - same thing as the 95 V6. I think the trunk may be alittle bigger in the 2000 Model.

I haven't ever put anythign in there that was 6' long though, but I think it should fit. Only one way to find out. Bring your surfboard with you when car shopping!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I've easily fit my 165cm snowboard in both of my Accords (95 & 99), but when I got subs in the trunk I couldn't do that anymore. Now they fit nicely in the back seat. I can probably fit 4 snowboards in the backseat...

Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
90_ACCORD
Unregistered

just take your board and find the accord you want and see if it fits...i think it would in a 4 door but would be a real squeeze in a 2 door

Old 10-24-2008, 07:42 PM
pkovo
Unregistered

6'-6'5" surfboard will fit no problem. I've had 2 6'4" thrusters in the trunk with the back seat folded down. You can't bring the front seats all the way back like this, but still they fit fine. If your going solo, no need to even bring the back seat down. Just recline the passenger seat all the way, and it will fit across the front seat. The trick is to feed the board in through the front door. You feed it in diagonally across the back seat until the nose clears up by the dash, then just slide the tail back over. I do this for a 6"4" shortboard, 6'4" fish, and a 6'7" single fin, no problem. Heck, I've even had the fish and the shortboard together in a double board bag and they fit fine like this. The way they sit in that bag it probably ends up 7' long. The accord has more room then you'd think.

I feel like in my old accord I once crammed a short longboard (about 8') in there. I think I had the front seat down, and fed it through the trunk all the way to the front. I may have popped the headrest of the front seat for that one.

I have a thule rack on mine, but only use it when I have a full car load and a crapload of boards to carry. I had a Yakima on my old accord. Both racks work great, but the Thule is a little noisy while driving, the yakima wasn't. You can fix it by turning the radio up though :-)