General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control problem, TQ unlocks.. pls hlp

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Default Cruise Control problem, TQ unlocks.. pls hlp

99 2dr V6 Auto... worked greats, took it to dealer at 130k to have timing belt, plugs, valves, trans fluid change... the works done... got it back and now cruise control doesnt work... Yes i took it back to dealer and they say its not related to work they did and wont look at it unless i pay std cost.. i dont have the money since i just paid a grand on the belt and tune.... wont be using that dealer again!

Anyway please help... worked fine before they had it.. now the dash button works with green light, when i set it on steering wheel, the cruise control indicator comes on and then the torque coverter unlocks and the rpms go high 4.5-5k rpm, but the car slows down, Im pretty sure the torque coverter unlocks.. the engine is trying to rev up to hold speed but its like its almost in neutral so with high rpms the car slows down wont hold speed... ive checked the fuse, the brake switch seems fine, from what ive read the cruise control indication under speedo would not come on if brake light switch was the problem.... i checked the cables to the cruise control under hood all looked good.... any advice thanks

Old 12-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Go back to the dealer! I'd be there first thing in the am with the rest of their customers...and don't be nice. 99% of the dealers are good 99% of the time.

IF the issue was not there before the service, something they did caused it. Take it back and make a stand. I'm betting a switch/hose was not connected back or something along those lines.