General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diagnostic mode

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Default Diagnostic mode

How do you enter the diagnostic mode on a 2013 Honda Accord EX L - navi with the XM radio and Navi? I have the info for what buttons to push on other radios but can't find it for this vehicle. I want to check the ANC (noise cancellation) to see if working.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by buzzardsmith
How do you enter the diagnostic mode on a 2013 Honda Accord EX L - navi with the XM radio and Navi? I have the info for what buttons to push on other radios but can't find it for this vehicle. I want to check the ANC (noise cancellation) to see if working.
The ANC is automatically on, unless we turn it off

See page #43 in the owner's manual = Settings

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/QS/2A13NVQS.pdf

Old 09-18-2015, 06:25 AM

I know all about the info in the owner manuals. What I need is the`combination to enter the diagnostic mode. This mode is very complex, but among many other things I believe one can turn off or turn on the ANC. The code to enter is normally proprietary to Honda service personnel to aid them in diagnosing the vehicle. Thanks for trying to help.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:43 AM

I know all about the info in the owner manuals. What I need is the`combination to enter the diagnostic mode. This mode is very complex, but among many other things I believe one can turn off or turn on the ANC. The code to enter is normally proprietary to Honda service personnel to aid them in diagnosing the vehicle. Thanks for trying to help.
Hope this helps... youtube(dot)com/watch?v=7NfGJSm_m2y
All together (not one at a time) 1+6+Display+Power... then 1

Car is running and all doors & windows are closed

Old 09-18-2015, 03:36 PM

The YouTube video is no longer available. I believe your 15 Sport would have the same satellite Sirius radio as mine. No push buttons like on other radios with station select buttons. I guess back to square one.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:58 PM

The YouTube video is no longer available. I believe your 15 Sport would have the same satellite Sirius radio as mine. No push buttons like on other radios with station select buttons. I guess back to square one.
The code should still work

1+6+Display+Power... then 1

Old 09-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

The audio system on an EX-L with Navigation or without navigation is different than an LX, Sport, and EX. The info. posted by Prospector is incorrect and does not apply to an EX-L with Navigation or an EX-L without Navigation. As Buzzardsmith mentioned, his car doesn't have the pre-set station buttons (so there is no 1 or 6 button to push).

To access the diagnostic and developer menus on the EX-L with Navigation, you hold the Navi, Back, and Menu buttons until both screens change, then hold Menu until DEV menu is shown.

Proceed at your own risk.