General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

distributor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: distributor wiring

GOT IT RUNNING TODAY!!!!

took both distributors apart and rewired the prelude one to work. so if anyone else needs help with this just let me know.

she still has a few minor issues to be worked out tomorrow before she is road worthy, but nothing major.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: distributor wiring

Excellent.

Still, my point about year-to-year changes means your fix won't work for everyone swapping in any random year engine. Gotta look at wiring for each year because sometimes Hondachanges that within the same generation of car.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
fullthrottle83
Unregistered

hey i have a question... could u help me im havin tha same problem with tha distributor on my swap.... i have a 97 accord that had a f22b2 n it and i did a h22a1 swap out of a 94 prelude..... im not gettin any spark to my sparkplug wires.... also tryin to install a msd coil

Old 11-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Got the 94 Prelude ECU? All the 94 Prelude sensors? And the 94 Prelude wiring harness?

94 = OBD-1
97 = OBD-2

Different pin-outs in the ECU wiring harnesses.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:45 PM
fullthrottle83
Unregistered
Default also needin help with distributor wiring

hey im having tha same problem with wiring mine up (not gettin any spark what so ever to my plug wires)... did a h22a1 swap in my 97 ACCORD out of a 94 PRELUDE with like maybe 25,000 miles on it and cant figure out how to get tha distibutor to work (it is a external coil also).... please let me know how it goes and if u can help me get mine up and goin... my car has been down for like almost 2 months bc of this.... would like to hear what it sounds like.... also trying to wire up a msd coil if any1 has info on it.... i tryed swapin tha guts with tha housein so it would bolt up and hook up but no spark... could really use some help with this

Old 11-05-2009, 11:49 PM
fullthrottle83
Unregistered

i have everything except tha ecu but using my stock wiring harnesss for my accord have everything hooked up except tha distributor and ths msd coil.... i have a civic/integra p28 ecu and sending it off this weekend to get it chipped with a p13 prelude chip

Old 11-06-2009, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

I posted a link to a H22 swap in the DIY section. You may want to take a look at it, because it does talk about moving the coil.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:24 AM
fullthrottle83
Unregistered

hey i looked for that post and couldnt find it.... could u let me know were it is so i could read up on it and c if that might help

Old 11-08-2009, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator
Old 11-20-2009, 11:49 PM
fullthrottle83
Unregistered
Question still having problems

still cant figure this out ... prelude distributor has a 8 wire plug and a 2 wire plug... my 97 accord wiring harness has a coil pug with three wires (i have those runnin to a coil blaster a 2 wire plug.. thick yellow and thick black with yellow strip goin to tha positive and a thiner green wire goin to the negative.... please let me know it this is wrong and which wires go were so i can fix it) and a 4 wire plug....... cant figure out how to get this distibutor wired up and workin.
i read up on tha link and still cant figure it out.... not gettin any spark and gettin irrated with it ... live2rice, was wondering how u and ur machanic got urs runnin.... got any pics of how u got urs to work or mayb a diagram r somethin... would appreciate any and all help given... thank u to any1 with any help they can give... this was supposed to b a weekend swap and its been 3 months since i heard my car run.

Last edited by fullthrottle83; 11-20-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: need to fix afew words

Quick Reply: distributor wiring