General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Door Actuator Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:10 PM
populargenius
Unregistered
Default Door Actuator Question

Hi there! New to the forum, and I have been searching and reading up on door actuator issues, but before my undertaking of this project I have a question I have not seen answered specifically:

-I can pretty much loudly hear the buzz sound coming from my rear driver's side door...dumb question, but that is most likely the actuator with the faulty rubber boot, yes?

-Also, my locks did that spastic song and dance where they flip up and down over and over for about 4 years before the buzzing sound began last week in my rear driver's side door - do you think they were all flipping out due to the driver's side rear door that is now buzzing so loudly? Can one bad actuator make them all flip out?

-I am confused because my car locks did the up and down spasm thing for years before the loud buzzing that comes from the rear driver's door - it seems like these are two different issues...are they? Should I try to reset the rubber boot, or does the fact that my door locks were flipping out for a few years before the buzzing started indicate that I need replace the entire actuator and/or lock assembly?

I apologize if these seem like dumb questions...I just want to be sure I am dismantling the correct door :-)

Thanks in advance for any advice and wisdom!

Old 06-29-2009, 11:17 AM
phillypa800
Unregistered

hey populargenius, did you ever get your issue resolved? i have the exact same issue. the actuator burned out completely on my rear drive side door. a replacement runs between $70-90.00.

lol, i still get the spasms, locking/unlocking behaviors, etc. such faulty electrical component that honda designed.