General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:49 AM
jkamk
Unregistered
Default Door lock cylinder

Does anyone know how to remove door lock cylinder driver side on Accord 98? One day I was doing daily shopping at local Super Market, notice something was wrong with the driver side key hole. I can not unlock the door with the key. I think someone pick my lock, the key will not go all the way in and will not turn to unlock. Need some advice and instruction on how to remove lock cylinder. I will greatly appreciate any helpful advice on how to fix the problem. Thanks!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Door lock cylinder

It looks fairly easy for my 94 Accord manual. Yours may be same. If you don't have a shop manual download the 94-97 manual from hondahookup.com. You release the latch rod, pull a retaining clip and cylinder should pull free. Problem is you may have to remove the outer handle to access. It's not clear whether this can be accomplished from the inside by removing door panel. I suspect the answer is no. Removing the outer handle appears to be a pretty tricky job and the Accord Shop Manual for your vehicle would be a good investment.

good luck