General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 AM
surajsss
Unregistered
Default Door lock problem

Hello,

I have a Accord 2000 SE and am seeing the following problem.
The doors won't unlock with the keyless remote intermittently. Even the power lock from inside the car won't unlock. This happens mostly during the winter. Sometimes the lights on the dashboard and head lights start flashing with a clicking sound and when the head lights are turned on, the alarm starts blaring. Pressing the unlock key on the keyless remote stops it and then unlocking works till the next time.
Got a multiplex replaced last year from the dealer but the problem has started again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:42 AM
surajsss
Unregistered
Default RE: Door lock problem

Hello,
Took the car for service and they found one of the wires was not grounded. Now it is working.
However, they said that the timing belt is not in good shape and needs to be replaced. How long does a timing belt last ? This is a 2000 Accord with 76K miles on it. Also, is it related to the lawsuit for transmission problems in 2000 Accords ?
Thanks.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

How could they tell that the timing belt is not in good shape ?? did they remove the upper timing belt cover ?? if not they are full of crap and trying to sell you a job

However timing belt on hondas are replaced at an interval mileage anywhere from 75-90 k miles depending on , if you do a lot of city or hwy driving ,, they are goinf by the maintanace schedule and should have adviced you to replace it soon but without looking at it they have no clue if indeed is in bad shape ..

Old 01-25-2007, 12:39 PM
surajsss
Unregistered

DesertHonda : Thanks for your reply.
I had gone for the 75K scheduled maintenance when they told me that the timing belt has worn out. I felt that they were trying to sell me the job but unfortunately, me not being very DIY or hands-on type of guy, I have to believe what they say.
I checked in the forum and its known that if the timing belt goes, then the engine needs to be replaced. So its better safe than to be sorry. Still its going to create a 750$ hole in my pocket.
Thanks,

Old 01-25-2007, 01:08 PM

yes, you want to keep up on the maintenance schedule for your model.
75k sounds a little soon, but if that's the interval, have it replaced very soon.