General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Seat Play during Turns

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:07 PM
hondahonda
Unregistered
Default Driver Seat Play during Turns

I have 05 Accord EX with Leather Seats and I see small play when I take some sharp turns. I checked with the dealers SERVICE Center and they say its normal in all Accords. They say Technician didn't find any play when he test drove my car. But I didn't find this issue when I bought the car 1.5 yrs back. How do I prove it has a play or is it really a normal with all Accords with leather seats.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Default RE: Driver Seat Play during Turns

Welcome to the forum, when you say play do you mean it rocks side to side? forward and back? feels "squishy" or what? It's a fairly hard issue to "diagnose" online but the first thing I'd check is to make sure that all the bolts holding the seat in/down are still tight

Old 09-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Administrator

It always amazes me that we as consumers of the autos we buy can hear and feel things and that techs who train on the cars they service (but usually dont even have one ) cant find the things that we find wrong..wonder why this is so..[sm=feedback.gif]

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-23-2006, 10:26 PM

I agree w/ sir_nasty as to tighten up the seat.
In response to WheelBrokerAng, I know what you mean. I have had to take pictures of a certain issue and show it to them (dealership) to get my point across. Even with pictures they said they could not duplicate and therefore nothing could be done, no codes were necessayr or displayed ever when I had this issue. I had to take the car out and drive it until it happened (a solid hour of my time) bring it back and then they took over 8 hours to figure it out. I EVEN suggested what it probably was and they still doddled around. Now, I understand that a lot of idiots walk into shops and they think that they know it all. But I prepared an orchestrated system of rational reasoning to why it was what I thought it was and low and behold I was right.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:47 AM

Amen, WheelBrokerAng, I'v had my new camper back to the dealer 5 times for a waterheater that keeps locking out on a fault, and it still isn't fixed. Like you Slusher, I told them what was happening, but they can't seem to fix it! This last time its been there 2 1/2 weeks.... "We can't find out whats wrong with it". I told them I'm not coming to get it until its truly fixed. I think I may have to call the manufacter on this one, missed out on a last weekend camping.
Oh I could go on and on, My new truck..............

Old 07-05-2007, 01:32 PM

Probably because they see them every day and aren't really interested in them anymore. Even if you work on cars you love, its hard to stay in interested in them day after day, whereas the owner probably really loves his or her car.