General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers side headlight issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 01:01 PM
Default Drivers side headlight issues

2002 accord ex 2door coupe, the low beam drivers headlight wasn’t working high beam does.
I stuck a paper clip into bulb socket to check for 12 volts when I did this with yellow/red then touched negative post on battery no voltage if I touch positive post showed 13.5
stuck clip in to orange wire no voltage either way
then skinned back wires behind connector did same with meter leads , but lead accidentally touched then low beam went to working but dim then noticed blue dashboard light not working to show high or low beam as well passenger side has low n high beam on at all times.
Before all this I checked all fuses swapped relays under the hood all the basic to check
Help is appreciated and needed

Old 06-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Bryan R Brock
2002 accord ex 2door coupe, the low beam drivers headlight wasn’t working high beam does.
I stuck a paper clip into bulb socket to check for 12 volts when I did this with yellow/red then touched negative post on battery no voltage if I touch positive post showed 13.5
stuck clip in to orange wire no voltage either way
then skinned back wires behind connector did same with meter leads , but lead accidentally touched then low beam went to working but dim then noticed blue dashboard light not working to show high or low beam as well passenger side has low n high beam on at all times.
Before all this I checked all fuses swapped relays under the hood all the basic to check
Help is appreciated and needed
Tell us more about your car. Does it have DLR's (Day Light Running lights)? If so, then you might be getting low voltage feedback thru the ground to the high beams.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:07 PM

No don’t have Day time running lights.
Also am I correct on the yellow/red being the positive(power hot)
and the orange being the negative(ground)