General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric seat rod

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Default electric seat rod

The other day I found that the connecting rod that controls the left side of drivers seat forward/back movement was just laying on the floorboard. Nothing looks wrong with it. I think a friend may have yanked on it trying move seat. Is there a simple fix or trick to put it back? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:32 AM

I recommend starting by disconnecting the electrical connectors under the seat and removing the four bolts that both the seat to the floor and remove the seat. It only takes a few minutes to do this.

Once it is out you may see how to repair it, if not you can then take some pictures and post them here on the HAF site and we should be able to better assist you. Good luck.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:23 AM

Thanks, was hoping to forego the seat removal, but I figured that I would have to. I appreciate the info. Maybe I will take some pics when I find the easiest method and will post here maybe to help someone else.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:58 AM

Not being rude, but the seat is quick to take out so just do it and figure out what is going on and if nothing else we can help you figure out the problem.

Seat removal:

Disconnect electrical under the seat. Remove plastic covers for the four 14mm head bolts holding the seat to the floor board. Slide the seat back and remove the two bolts on the front of the seat, slide the seat forward and remove the two rear bolts. Remove seat from car. By doing it in the sequence the seat will be in the correct position for removal through the door. It the seat is in the back position it will be harder to remove from the car.

Old 07-02-2015, 01:51 AM

Gonna try to fix this weekend. The sliding of seat to get to bolts has got me worried. Without the rod in place, the seat will only move on right side a bit before it gets in a bind. I also want make sure it is aligned properly before disconnecting power. Any ideas on this? Thanks again.