General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Belt Beeper/Seat Belt warning light

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Default Seat Belt Beeper/Seat Belt warning light

First things first - I always wear my seatbelt and require everyone in the car to wear them as well. SEATBELTS SAVE LIVES!

I recently bought a 1990 Honda Accord LX and the automatic seatbelts were not working at all. I checked the fuse box and replaced a missing fuse. The auto seatbelts work, but the beeper and the warning light do not stop.

I took it to the Honda Dealer - it would have been covered under warranty, but the previous owner already had cut some of the wires (altered - not covered)so I am out of luck there - $450 for the parts.

What is the easiest way to stop the seatbelt beeper and dash light from going off indefinitely?

I saw one response where you cut the wires at the plugs going to the seats and connect them. Does this work?

Thank you,

Packman

Old 07-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Default RE: Seat Belt Beeper/Seat Belt warning light

Providing your story is true.... and you do wear your seatbelt then I'm fine with answering this, if you die in a horrible accident and don't have it on because you forgot then that's on you not me or the forum (legal disclaimer)

there should be two wires that run up to the buckle, they usually have a connection that you can remove/disconnect, you can then use a paper clip to "jumper" those two wires, then turn on the car and see if that resolves your issue, if it does then clip the wires, strip them back a little bit and wire them together then wrap with some electrical tape. Then ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT

Old 07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Did you buy it from a dealer of any sort? (Not necessarily a Honda dealer?)

Depending on where you live, you may have some legal recourse. It may be illegal to sell a car with tampered seatbelts.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:43 AM

Thank you!

I was able to use the paper clip gig and the schematic from the Honda Chilton to make the buzzer and blinking seat belt light go off. The power seatbelts still work and if I disengage the seat belt from the window connector the seat belt light goes on which is perfect. I can now turn the radio volume down?

Wear your seat belts!

Packman