General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Seat belt reminder beeper

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Default Seat belt reminder beeper

Hi
I have a 2009 Honda Accord 2.4LX and the seat belt beeper has stop working i.e. if you do not have the driver and front passenger seat belt on it use to beep!

Does someone know what to do, is there a fuse that may need replacing?

Thanks.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM

Your complaining? I personally would leave it!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Sounds like you got lucky to me!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ehtiahmed
Hi
I have a 2009 Honda Accord 2.4LX and the seat belt beeper has stop working i.e. if you do not have the driver and front passenger seat belt on it use to beep!

Does someone know what to do, is there a fuse that may need replacing?

Thanks.
Is the seat belt reminder light on (in the dash) if you or your passenger do not have the seat belt on?

Does it still beep:
  1. If you leave the car key in while the door is opened?
  2. If you leave the parking brake on and drive?
The reason I am asking is because they use the same speaker inside the gauge control module.

Also, has there been any aftermarket electronic accessories installed recently (e.g., Bluetooth device, etc.)?

Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 AM

Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid there is no reminder light on in the dash and the answer to your other 2 qs is NO too.

Beginning to think whether there is a reminder beeper cos i have not had the car long and my wife thinks there was? The handbrake beeper definitely comes on when the handbrake has not been released properly.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ehtiahmed
Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid there is no reminder light on in the dash and the answer to your other 2 qs is NO too.

Beginning to think whether there is a reminder beeper cos i have not had the car long and my wife thinks there was? The handbrake beeper definitely comes on when the handbrake has not been released properly.
The beeper is for:

Parking brake reminder
Seat belt reminder
Key in reminder
Lights on reminder

On the instrument cluster, separate led reminders should also come on for the parking brake, seat belt, or lights on.

1. With the exception of the parking brake reminder signal being from a direct wire from the parking brake switch; the seat belt, key-in, and lights on reminder signals are transmitted via a different communication wire from the driver’s Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) to the gauge control module (instrument gauge cluster).
  2. Going from what I just stated and your previous response, sounds like the parking brake reminder works (the hardwire from the parking brake goes directly to the gauge control module).
  3. Now we move on to try to see if it may be a problem with the MICU or the gauge control module. Double- check the following:
  • Does the beeper make sound if you leave the key in the ignition with door open? Is there an indicator light on the dash if you do this?
  • Does the beeper make sound if you leave the headlights on when you park the car and take the key out and open the door? Is there an indicator light on the dash if you do this?
  • You already said beeper doesn’t sound if seat belt not buckled with person in seat and no indicator light on dash.
If the beeper reminder doesn’t come on for the key in, lights on, and seat belt, it may be a possible problem with the MICU or the gauge control module. Generally, both the MICU and gauge control module can be tested with Honda Diagnostic System (HDS); but, that would generally be at the dealer.

The gauge control module also has self-diagnostic functions that can be access manually by you through a series of steps with various cabin switches.

I don’t think it may be the fuses; but, check anyways the No. 15 (10A) fuse in the under-hood fuse relay box, and the No. 5 (7.5A) fuse in the driver’s under-dash fuse/relay box.

Last edited by redbull-1; 07-14-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Corrected some info.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by redbull-1
The beeper is for:

Parking brake reminder
Seat belt reminder
Key in reminder
Lights on reminder

On the instrument cluster, separate led reminders should also come on for the parking brake, seat belt, or lights on.

1. With the exception of the parking brake reminder signal being from a direct wire from the parking brake switch; the seat belt, key-in, and lights on reminder signals are transmitted wireless from the driver’s Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) to the gauge control module (instrument gauge cluster).
  2. Going from what I just stated and your previous response, sounds like the parking brake reminder works (the hardwire from the parking brake goes directly to the gauge control module).
  3. Now we move on to try to see if it may be a problem with the MICU or the gauge control module. Double- check the following:
  • Does the beeper make sound if you leave the key in the ignition with door open? Is there an indicator light on the dash if you do this?
  • Does the beeper make sound if you leave the headlights on when you park the car and take the key out and open the door? Is there an indicator light on the dash if you do this?
  • You already said beeper doesn’t sound if seat belt not buckled with person in seat and no indicator light on dash.
If the beeper reminder doesn’t come on for the key in, lights on, and seat belt, it may be a possible problem with the MICU or the gauge control module. Generally, both the MICU and gauge control module can be tested with Honda Diagnostic System (HDS); but, that would generally be at the dealer.

The gauge control module also has self-diagnostic functions that can be access manually by you through a series of steps with various cabin switches.

I don’t think it may be the fuses; but, check anyways the No. 15 (10A) fuse in the under-hood fuse relay box, and the No. 5 (7.5A) fuse in the driver’s under-dash fuse/relay box.
Dang.....a man with mad skills and knowledge at work again

Old 06-02-2012, 03:37 AM

wow! thanks for the xtensive reply...i will try what you siad and let u know.

Thanks again!

Old 06-02-2012, 03:38 AM

definitely a man with skill and knowledge...I agree!