General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Engraved numbers on wondows are diffrent in the front and rear

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Miran
Unregistered
Default Engraved numbers on wondows are diffrent in the front and rear

Hi,

I bought a 2008 MY09 2 liter auto Accord last week. It is a beautiful car. Its is huge and handles excellently. The body and engine are almost new with a few scratches on the door.

Only thing is the dealer messed up the tinting, it is showing circles now. I will have to get them to redo it.

Anyway my query is this, I have noticed that the numbers on the front windows and windscreen and diffrent from the rear windows and rear windscreen. The front has the same numbers for the windows and windscreen while the rear although having the same numbers for all is diffrent from the front.

Is this normal? Or does this indicate that the vehicle windows in either the back of front has been replaced?

Thanks

Old 05-13-2009, 09:03 AM
MadNoys
Unregistered
Default Etched Numbers

Thank you for your post. You did not give the numbers or the format of them, so I'll guess from there. Is there a phone number on the window with what looks like a part number? Generally the etched numbers on windows are there in the case that your car is stolen and stripped. If this is the case, then yes one of your windows has been replaced.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Miran
Unregistered

Thanks

I am in south africa.

My other vehicles had numbers on the windows and they were all the same.

It is some sort of ID number, similair to a VIN number. It basically shows that all windows are part of the original car. If you change any window the number will not match the original so you know if it has been changed.

I wanted to know if the Accord had diffrent numbers in the front and rear for some reason. I was hoping, otherwise it means I bought a car that was involved in an accident or the windows were replaced for some reason.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

As long as the windows have Honda etched on, I don't see what the big deal is. You already purchased the car, you can't really go and get your money back because the windows don't match.

The window could've have been shattered for any reason, but I don't think it's been in an accident. Window replacement does make or break how the car will run, it's reliability or any other aspect of the car.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Miran
Unregistered
Default thanks

yeah i guess you right..thaks..but if i ddo find out it was in an accident i will take honda SA to task on the matter....they must give me a free extended warranty or something....