General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Exhaust Manifold *Please read*

Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
jeremiah-jeff-not
Unregistered
Default Exhaust Manifold *Please read*

Hello to you all. I'm new to all this, I've never had the need to post a thread to ask a question about my car or give information.

I have a 2005 Accord 2.2 ICDI EX, it's done 97500miles. About a month ago I noticed that I had exhaust fumes coming into the car and a loud tapping noise coming from the engine bay that would clear after about 5 miles of driving. The mechanic that I use put it down to the manifold gasget blowing. So at the weekend my car went in for the gasget to be replaced.

Once stripped, we found out that the gasget was fine and that the manifold itself was cracked. After a bit of digging we found that its a known fault and that if you own an Accord thats a 2004 plate or newer, Honda have extended the warantee on the exhaust manifold by 4 years.

So, if you have an accord that has exhust fumes leaking from the manifold area and your car is a 2004 plate onwards, then get it to your Honda main agent for a free repair.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!
(I'll guess that you're in UK because of the diesel engine.)

Did you find that the problem is unique to the diesel, or does it occur across the petrol engines too? All we get in USA is petrol/gasoline engines.

This post would be better in the General Tech. section, so I'll move it.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb

Hello Newie Member..Welcome To The HAF and to America..

WheelBrokerAng w/a flag for you

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Manifold *Please read*-flag_uk.jpg  
Old 11-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Default Thanks

Read the thread after search. Have Accord 2.2cdti exec est 2006. Identical issue with exhaust fumes.
As a result of your thread contacted Honda who confirmed extended warranty on some manifolds. Taken to dealer confimed broken manifold. Honda agreed warentee item car booked in new parts fitted. no cost and all in the space of 5 days.
Thanks very much

Old 09-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Default honda accord 2.2cdti manifold.

hi,have had same problem with fumes in car!i have had car to main dealer for inspection and photos.just waiting for car to be booked in for repair free of charge! for anyone who has same fault..your car must be under 120kmiles and less than 7yrs old with full service record for them to copy n send to honda.hope this saves you a fortune!

Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Administrator
Thumbs up Hello Member

Originally Posted by dieseldunc
hi,have had same problem with fumes in car!i have had car to main dealer for inspection and photos.just waiting for car to be booked in for repair free of charge! for anyone who has same fault..your car must be under 120kmiles and less than 7yrs old with full service record for them to copy n send to honda.hope this saves you a
fortune!
This is good information to know, were glad you posted it for all to see and know.
Thank You, WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Manifold *Please read*-thanks23.gif  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:15 AM

I also had a crack in the exhaust manifold of my 2006 Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 diesel at approx 72,000 miles. Exhaust fumes coming into car via ventilation system is dangerous! Not covered by warranty from dealer (non-honda) I bought it from as an used car, estimate for repair £750! Did my own research and found out from this very forum that its a known problem for accords so took a chance and went into nearest Honda dealer to explain problem. All sorted very quickly and not a penny charged to me, even got a courtesy car They first put my chassis number into their computer system and it qualified for the free replacement, think this is true for all Accords 2005-to present.