General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Limvostov
Unregistered
Default A few questions...

Hi everyone, I am new here and have some questions about my accord. I am currently driving a 2000 Accord V6 EX and it just hit 110,000 miles. We had the timing done at 105k and the EGR valve replaced. I am getting ready to move from Oregon to Virginia and am getting the car ready for a long drive.

My questions are:

How can I get the EGR/engine light to turn off? I had the valve replaced but the warning code is still saying its the EGR valve. Also, does this even matter?

My SRS light has been on and off for a while now and I have no idea why or how to fix that.

Lastly, I will be bringing some stuff along the route from Oregon to Virginia and plan to tow a Uhaul 4X8 tailor. I am having a Class 1 hitch installed, but since I will be driving over the Rockies and through other parts of the country that may be steep and very hot this August, should I install a transmission cooler? I could do it myself, but if I will not need one I would rather leave the car as it is.

If I should install a transmission cooler, which one would be best? I have looked at the hayden 403, and some B&M models.

Thanks for any help.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

EGR.....What code?
SRS.....What code?
There is a service bulletin about cleaning out the EGR ports. S/B 99-085 details the warranty extension 8yr/80k miles for EGR port clogging.
There is a service bulletin about the seatbelt latch setting off the SRS light; then consider a warranty extension for the OPDS; and don't forget the passenger side air bag recall.
I wouldn't tow 50 pounds with that transmission.
The trans fluid cooler is located in the bottom of the radiator.