General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 PM
nugen
Unregistered
Default Floor Wiring Harness

I have a question about the floor wiring harness (the one that plugs into the driver's seat). I am wondering if anyone knows whether the car side of that harness (*not* the side that plugs into the seat) is the same on the EXL as it is on the lower trim models like the VP?

Also, does anyone know whether that harness also feeds systems other than the driver's seat, and, if so, which ones?

The reason I ask is that I would like to replace my manual seat with a power one, but the connectors on the power seat are different than the ones on my manual seat. The airbag connector looks the same, but the main plug is much bigger on the EXL seat because there are 4 motors to feed. But the thing that is really stymieing me is that there is one wire that goes to something mounted on the EXL rail that does not match up with what I believe is the analogous wire on the VP seat. I think the box may be a sensor-- I am not sure. But whatever it is, it is on the EXL seat on the rail and not on the VP seat, and if it is analogous to something on the VP seat, the connector is different.

My thinking is that if the car side of the harness is the same, and if the harness does not feed too many other things, it may just pay to replace the harness and have all of the right connectors...

Does this make sense? I'm really flying blind here, so if anyone has any knowledge they can share, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Oh, and just to be clear, or to complecate matters, the car is an 07 Accord VP. The seat came out of an 05 EXL, but I am pretty confident that the 05 EXL seat is the same as the 07 EXL-- at least according to the parts lists.

Thanks again!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Default RE: Floor Wiring Harness

The easiest way to be certain would be to get a wiring diagram for both (most manuals will have this) then you could run the wires yourself if they were'nt present. Rather than try to re-inenvent the wheel just look at how it was built to begin with.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:18 PM
nugen
Unregistered

Good point...

You wouldn't happen to have one, would you? (or know where I could find one).

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

just a suggestion...put your yr, make, and model in your sig...

Old 09-04-2007, 03:28 PM

I don't know of anywhere online to get free wiring stuff on 05-07's.... If it was and older one I could help but you may have to buy a manual for something that new.....