General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foglight switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 05:21 PM
jsredlineracer
Unregistered
Question Foglight switch

hi guys well i have a 99 accord ex 2.3 vtec. i know it probably wont matter but i was just trying to comply with rules. well let me cut to the chase i put in some fog lights and had them connected to the parking lights but got tired of that and then ran them to a switch, right now i have it on a switch but the issue with that is that if i forget to turn them off they will stay on since they are connected directly to the battery, not only that but im trying to keep a balanced look and the big red switch dosnt help. Is there any way to get the switch for the foglight for my car alone. because i tried ebay and bought an incorrect $25 switch. im going to use it meanwhile but i was told i was going to need to make some king of relay because the OEM push in switch would burn since it couldnt handle the power of the battery. An i have absolutely no idea how to make a relay to make it work so that i could turn them on manually and individualy withought affecting any other lights but i would also like to be able to have the peice of mind that they will turn off automatically if i forget. can anyone please help me with this if i even explained what i want i would like to alteast have control of my foglight through the push in oem switch(which has two cables coming out and a ground.)

Anyone know how i could make that work?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Check hondaautomotiveparts dot com click Parts
Put in your car's info; look under exterior accessories.
Looks like you can buy the factory switch & the switch wiring harness. I don't know if that would include the relay...

Old 04-17-2009, 06:59 AM
jsredlineracer
Unregistered

i checked but either i did something wrong or i just couldn't find it. either how i made it so that the fog lights would turn on on command and stay off when the car is off without affecting anything important. i simply just tapped into the cruise control so know whenever the button that allows you to activate the cruise control is on so are my fog lights

and thanks allot for the reply man