General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free 40 Point Inspection @ Your Honda Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Default Free 40 Point Inspection @ Your Honda Dealership

Don't know where to post this, so I am posting it where the most people will see.

There's a FREE 40 point inspection deal going on in April.
This is at Honda dealerships taking part in this event.
For more info, please follow the link and enjoy the free inspection!!!

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/hccd.asp

Old 03-30-2007, 01:44 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Free 40 Point Inspection @ Your Honda Dealership

Dangit....my local onda isnt doing it arggggg I was excited too!

Old 03-30-2007, 02:26 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Mine is. Score one for the good guy.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:34 PM

Gee, do you think anyone's car will get through the "free"inspection withclean bill of health?

Theoretcially, getting information about a possible dangerous situation in the car sounds like a good deal, but I see some slight chance thatreporting thetrue state of affairs of a particular vehicle just might not be ultimate goal ofthese dealerships.

After receiving the almost-inevitable list of things that need to be done to the car, do you think that another not-freeinspection would be wise in order to validate the findings of the "free" one?

Maybe I'm being way too cynical here, but, if I am, it's only because I've been lied toon a number of occasionsby dealerships, and alittle voice tells me that I'm not alone.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:43 PM

There is virtually no way that any vehicle is going to come out of there with no repairs needed.... I may just take mine in to see what they say....

Old 03-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Tony1M

Gee, do you think anyone's car will get through the "free"inspection withclean bill of health?

Theoretcially, getting information about a possible dangerous situation in the car sounds like a good deal, but I see some slight chance thatreporting thetrue state of affairs of a particular vehicle just might not be ultimate goal ofthese dealerships.

After receiving the almost-inevitable list of things that need to be done to the car, do you think that another not-freeinspection would be wise in order to validate the findings of the "free" one?

Maybe I'm being way too cynical here, but, if I am, it's only because I've been lied toon a number of occasionsby dealerships, and alittle voice tells me that I'm not alone.
Someone after my own heart...I agree completely. Don't let anyone touch it, unless it is a trusted mechanic.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

the ONLY reason of the Dealer and other shops for that matter offering a free inspection , is to bring more work into their shop,,
thye will find car with work that needs to be done .. some dealers will lie and make it sounds that if you do not do the work as soon as possible really bad thing will happen,, other shops will tell it like it is ,, it needs done but not right away ..
But again, the main idea is to bring more work in,, Not all the people that do the free inspection will return to the dealer by they hope that at least 25-35 % will ,,

Old 03-31-2007, 01:58 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

the ONLY reason of the Dealer and other shops for that matter offering a free inspection , is to bring more work into their shop,,
thye will find car with work that needs to be done .. some dealers will lie and make it sounds that if you do not do the work as soon as possible really bad thing will happen,, other shops will tell it like it is ,, it needs done but not right away ..
But again, the main idea is to bring more work in,, Not all the people that do the free inspection will return to the dealer by they hope that at least 25-35 % will ,,

As usual my Gomba Makes sense..create work and the money shall come.
WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-31-2007, 09:55 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Well of course my car wont pass with a clean bill of health, nor would I expect it to, its 13 years old. Thats fine. The point is, at least I can find out for free whats wrong or going wrong with it. I trust my dealership, I have used them since I moved out here, and they are great. And I would hope that I know enough about cars that if they did try to BS me, I could see through it.