General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injector Resistor Box

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Default Fuel Injector Resistor Box

I have another thread describing the problems I had with my car but I decided the check the resistor box and found that 3 or the 4 terminals measured 12.5 ohms and one measured 6.5 ohms. The FSM states that they should be between 5 and 7 ohms. It seems as if the resistor box is bad, that would cause intermittent problems and at this point- a really high fuel trim and lean exhaust.

That seems like a logical conclusion? I cant find too much on them.

And also, where can I find one without ordering online? I need it by tomorrow and Im thinking a junkyard but I dont know how reliable itll be. I cant find the part at the auto parts stores.

Thanks.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

It appears to be faulty, however resistance measurements are inherently unreliable indicators in my experience.

A high resistance would likely only cause low voltage to the injector. If it's cranking and running, I don't see how this could cause problems.

Junkyard part is your only option tomorrow.

Are you having problems?

good luck

Old 07-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Check car-part.com to find junkyards close to you that have 5g accords. I can't imagine they would want more than $10 or $20 for that part so even if it ends up not fixing the problem its not a ton of money down the drain.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:13 PM

@Texas, its the same problem as before. It got worse even though I found an exhaust leak at the manifold and fixed it. Im thinking it could be the resistor and thats why the ECU is ignoring the o2 sensors when its not able to fix the lean engine by increasing the pulse width.

@live2rice
The junkyard nearby has a bunch of 5th gens. Its pretty fun to walk through. Except no 5 speed+vtecs for some odd reason. But I guess I gotta go to the junkyard. Its odd that this is something that isn't really made by third parties or available at auto parts stores.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:05 PM

I read the terminals wrong. The FSM was incorrect about the terminal labels. The box is fine. Back to the drawing board...