General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Door Openers

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 01:55 AM
GothardJ
Unregistered
Default Garage Door Openers

I bought A 2002 Honda Accord EXVL Coupe, and it is equipped with garage door openers, I need to know how to program those. I don't have the owner's manual (ya I'm an idiot for not checking for this when I got my car) but I really need to know this. Any help would be great. Thanks

Old 05-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Default RE: Garage Door Openers

if its the same as the 03 Coupe then all you do is take the garage opener... press and hold the button on it. then press the button to which u wanan program the opener to and hold it till the red light stops blinking.... but before that.. u need to clear any previous openers by pressing the 2 outside buttons.. but im not sure if its the same as the 02.. hopefully mayb?? tell us how it goes!

Old 05-27-2007, 07:07 PM

For Rolling Code garage door openers (most current openers):

Train the HomeLink by holding the two outside (right side) buttons until the red indicator light flashes.
Press the training button on the Garage Door Opener Unit (Rear of unit) until the adjacent indicator light flashes or comes on then release.
Press and hold the outside (right side) HomeLink button for 3 - 4 sec (You have 30 sec between second and third operation).
Again press HomeLink button for 3 - 4 sec.
Check for operation.
No? Repeat HomeLink 3 -4 sec.
Should work the door.
If not repeat process.
If the code is set properly the Garage Door Opener training light will go out.
Worked for me.
Buy an Owners Manual.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:04 AM
GothardJ
Unregistered

Thanks both of you, unfortunetly it did not work, but foundout that with homelink, I had to use the garage remote and program the car to that, and then do the garage door opener unit program button afterwords. Thanks for your help

Old 05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

u program the car first to learn the remote. with rolling codes you have to press the remote button at least 2 or 3 times so the car can get the rolling code sequence.

THEN you program the garage door opener to reconise the car