General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

General DRL Honda Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Default General DRL Honda Question

Hi all I am new to this site and looking for an answer to a question I have kept asking myself but can't find nothing online about it so I thought I'd reach out to the accord community to help me.

I own a 2013 Honda Accord 3.5L v6 - this model comes with the standard LED DRL strip on the headlight. The headlight switch **** (on the left of the steering wheel) comes with 4 functions as detailed below:

(i) Off
(ii) Turns on parking, side marker, tail, and rear license plate lights
(iii) Auto functionality
(iiii) Turns on low beams

When the light switch is in the (i) Off position, and my E-brake is down, my LED DRL are on and functioning normal. My question is regarding when you turn the switch know to the (ii) position. So what happens in my case is when I turn it to the (ii) position the LED DRL dims a little, and the other indicator lights turns on normally. When I put it on the (iiii) low beam position the headlight projector turns on and my DRL LED stays dim which is normal in my opinion.

Now - for all who own this car with this model, when you turn the light switch **** to the (ii) position does your LED DRL dim also? or do they stay as bright as if it was in the (i) Off position?

I recently got into an accident which caused the auto body shop to replace one of my front head lights (with an aftermarket part). When I put it to the (ii) position the new replaced aftermarket part stays bright as when it is in the (i) off position while my other OEM head light dims. I've been asking around shops and they are telling me different stories and I could not come to conclusion so I hope there is someone out there with the same model car that can give me an answer to my question.

Thanks all!

Old 05-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Robsev
Hi all I am new to this site and looking for an answer to a question I have kept asking myself but can't find nothing online about it so I thought I'd reach out to the accord community to help me.

I own a 2013 Honda Accord 3.5L v6 - this model comes with the standard LED DRL strip on the headlight. The headlight switch **** (on the left of the steering wheel) comes with 4 functions as detailed below:

(i) Off
(ii) Turns on parking, side marker, tail, and rear license plate lights
(iii) Auto functionality
(iiii) Turns on low beams

When the light switch is in the (i) Off position, and my E-brake is down, my LED DRL are on and functioning normal. My question is regarding when you turn the switch know to the (ii) position. So what happens in my case is when I turn it to the (ii) position the LED DRL dims a little, and the other indicator lights turns on normally. When I put it on the (iiii) low beam position the headlight projector turns on and my DRL LED stays dim which is normal in my opinion.

Now - for all who own this car with this model, when you turn the light switch **** to the (ii) position does your LED DRL dim also? or do they stay as bright as if it was in the (i) Off position?

I recently got into an accident which caused the auto body shop to replace one of my front head lights (with an aftermarket part). When I put it to the (ii) position the new replaced aftermarket part stays bright as when it is in the (i) off position while my other OEM head light dims. I've been asking around shops and they are telling me different stories and I could not come to conclusion so I hope there is someone out there with the same model car that can give me an answer to my question.

Thanks all!
My understanding is they are supposed to dim to prevent washing out turn-signal viability for oncoming traffic.