General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got My Car Back But Few Problems Please Help???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Rizzie
Unregistered
Default Got My Car Back But Few Problems Please Help???

What up people. Alright I got my car back after putting a new engine in my 94 accord ex vtec a/t. I just have a few problems though. When I'm in first gear or barely accelerating going around 1-10 mph the car stutters like its putting or something like that. According to my friend who put the engine in he said he thinks it's the distributor so he tried moving it up and down but it still does it. Now since we moved that up and down is that a problem from where it's supposed to be?? And I'm also getting an O2 Sensor that needs to be changed due to the check engine light and pulled up the codes. Would the O2 sensor be a part of that problem or no?? And plus when I'm driving and cruising around 2-3 rpms, you hear a noise like there is coins in a washer machine just going round and round. Dont know if you know what the hell I'm talkin about lol but hopefully that works. Does anybody have any idea what that would be?? And then the last thing, I dont know if this is part of the distributor part or what but I feel like my vtec or acceleration isnt right. Sometimes when I take off from a complete stop it feels like the car is holding back from accelerating completely like its stuck or something. At idle my rpms is a notch below 1 just for info. Aiight so if anybody can help me out with these problems I would appreciate it very much. Thanks a mil. Oh and if you need to know the engine has 83,000 on it. Thanks

Old 09-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Default RE: Got My Car Back But Few Problems Please Help???

im not an expert about engines or anything like that but if it sounds like there are coins in the dryer maybe there is something in the engine messed up fan or maybe a messed up piston? Im only 15 but i'd think that if you just moved something up or down i dont think it would fix your noise problem

Old 09-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Rizzie
Unregistered

well the noise aint that loud but its a rattling noise that can be heard. probably the word i was lookin for but i dont know. I've heard it before in the old engine I had before and it was related to heat problems from what I know but Im not sure. I'm getting a new radiator soon though cause I think that's broken. It stays hot at the top but its cold at the bottom when you touch it.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:29 PM

like i said im not an expert and i dont know a thing when it comes to engines...

What i'd do(and it's just a suggestion) i'd take it to someone who knows engines more than anything and have them hear it and they'd probably fix it up pretty quick

Old 09-11-2006, 04:23 AM

I know a little bit about engines but I'm fairly new to the accord, so I'll give you what I thnk some of it might be related too and if I'm way off someone will be sure to put me in my place. Coins rolling around in your engine is not what I would think is a good sound. I strongly suggest checking all you timing marks, get it up so number 1 is TDC and check distribuitor, then check timing belt- could have jumped a tooth? Does your coin sound go round and round or is a sort of ticking? Ticking could be injectors or valves need adjustment. And, really not sure on this, you o2 sensor can make adjustments to the fuel added to the mixture, it sniffs. Is it too lean or too rich, if its not working right it probably goes into default mode or safe mode. Safe mode might be pretty doggy and performance will suffer.
Once again, if I'm wrong or off the mark someone here will shed some light on the subject.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Look for the simple things first. Check for loose exhaust heat shields, because they're easy to check & rule them out.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Rizzie
Unregistered

Aiight so far so good with the ideas but I just need to know how to use them. I'm just tryin to get an idea of what the problems are if they are fixable myself cause I spent way over $10,000 easily on this car and im tired of bringin it to other people to get fixed. but as for the coins in the washer machine scenario, it's not as bad as what I meant it to be but it sounds like its some rattling in the transmission or something. it's hard to explain the noise and how it kicks in but there are a few cars that I hear the same rattling noise from. It's like when you accelerate into gear and you barely got your foot on the pedal while accelerating, it sounds like there is something just rattling like somethin is going round and round and clanking. Somebody gotta know what I'm talkin about lol. And another thing, sometimes when I turn on the car, the rpms go up and down like it revs up, revs down constantly for a lil bit until I put the car in drive and then it will be fine. Anybody know what that is?? Worse comes to worse I'm gonna bring it to a shop on wednesday and tell them to put in a new O2 sensor and see where that takes me. And checking my timing marks, i aint familiar on how to do that, not too good with the distributor n all that but im down to learn.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:51 AM

So do you think that your engine might be pinging? Or pre-ignition knock? The sound would be like if you were driving 20mph and you were in 5th gear. The reving up and down MIGHT be the car trying to keep from stalling, sounds as though something is off. Check your vaccum hoses and then double and triple check them. There should be a diagram on the underside of your hood showing emissions crap and you can follow those pics. If your O2 sensor is getting replaced anyway, then pick the mechanics brain about it. If he says it'll cost $XXX to find that out, you know he is not the type of mechanic you want to work on your car. If he throws out possibilities, or what not, then you might trust him a little more.