General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

halo projector wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Default halo projector wiring help

Hey guys i just got some projector lights for my 2 door accord LX from ebay. im having trouble figuring out how to wire the halo and the led lights. it says to wire it to the parking lights, but if anyone who has this accord, the parking lights turns off when you turn on the headlights. another reason i dont want it on the parking lights because i want them on all the time. and no interior switch thats just tacky. please help.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

I have a 2001 Accord sedan, and have a set of Angel Eye projector headlights (though they are currently disassembled for LED customizing).

I detailed my wiring and configuration of them on my CarDomain page. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296173/4

I wanted them to glow for a few minutes after i shut my car off, it looked pretty sinister and the circuit detailed does just that.

so you want them on whenever the car is on? wire them to the ignition wire. if you want them on only at night when the parking lamps or headlamps are on, and your front parking lamps turn off, wire them to your rear tailights.

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 12-30-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:26 AM

yeah a hard wire to the ignition would be alright. but is there a way to have in on the parking break. because i use it all the time and when i start my car the parking lights dont come on until i put the ebreak down. now is there a way to have constant power but stay off until the ebreak is down and then stay on until i shut off the car. how would i wire that??

If all eles fails ill just have it to the ignition or something

Old 12-31-2009, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

just tap the rear tail light wire (located at the harnesses on passenger or driver side dash). then the halo's will only be on when your lights are on (parking or headlights). a Haynes or Chilton manual can tell you exactly what wire and how everything is wired for your car. I recommend buying one.

or, you could intercept that ebrake switch wire, diode isolate it and use a latching relay configuration wired with the ignition wire, so the halo's will be off until you release the parking brake, which then latches the relay and powers the halo's off the ignition wire until you shut the car off. with this, they will be on day or night.

from experience, they are not bright enough to be visible during the day.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
just tap the rear tail light wire (located at the harnesses on passenger or driver side dash). then the halo's will only be on when your lights are on (parking or headlights). a Haynes or Chilton manual can tell you exactly what wire and how everything is wired for your car. I recommend buying one.

or, you could intercept that ebrake switch wire, diode isolate it and use a latching relay configuration wired with the ignition wire, so the halo's will be off until you release the parking brake, which then latches the relay and powers the halo's off the ignition wire until you shut the car off. with this, they will be on day or night.

from experience, they are not bright enough to be visible during the day.
so with this manual i can find this relay with the ebrake is or can i just find just the power wire where that white thing is (relay) and thats all i have to do???

I have experience on doing these things its just need to see it and ill be fine. and i just remember what that relay kinda looks not from a diagram

and its fine about the halos not being bright in the day.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Yea, the Haynes or Chilton manuals have full electrical system wiring diagrams.

I just looked at mine to remember the wire colors.

Red/Black is the taillight/parking light power wire, it is on for both headlights and parking lights. it is found a both the driver and passenger side fuse boxes. meter it to verify operation.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
Yea, the Haynes or Chilton manuals have full electrical system wiring diagrams.

I just looked at mine to remember the wire colors.

Red/Black is the taillight/parking light power wire, it is on for both headlights and parking lights. it is found a both the driver and passenger side fuse boxes. meter it to verify operation.
i bought on of those manuals...the haynes one. what page its that wire diagram? i've found some but it gets confusing. i think i found what your talking about but im not really sure how to read them