General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater Control Valve Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Default Heater Control Valve Issue

OK, I think I have a better way to ask this question I posed a couple of days ago.

I think my heater control valve may be stuck, because even when I turn the temp **** full left to cool, I still get some hot air - not as much as all the way to the right, but some.

Ok, on those hot days a few days ago I tried my A/C. Switch lit up and I had temp set to full left (cold) but it just blew in hot air.

Now, if the control valve or cable has a problem, would that make my A/C blow hot air as opposed to cold, or is there something else I need to look at as well?

Would be great if this is the fix as I hear it is relatively easy to do. Oh, and by the way, the A/C compressor was replaced two years ago and, according to the previous owner, it worked up until the end of last summer when it stopped working (blowing hot air as it is doing now, I assume).

Thanks in advance for the help. Mike

Old 03-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

You have to figure out if you are dealing with one or two problems.

I would start up the car and turn on the a/c. Both fans on the radiator should turn on. Also, the clutch on the a/c compressor should turn with the compressor pulley. The clutch is the metal plate that is next to the pulley. It will not spin with the a/c turned off. It will spin with the pulley when the compressor turns on.