General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Hello. Im a new member

Old 12-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Default Hello. Im a new member

Have a great running Accord. It has me scratching my head tho. It randomly and rarely dies or wont start after driving a while but has always started after waiting a few minutes. It has hiccuped a few times but didnt die completely when this happened gauges were erratic. I have checked the fuel relay for cracks on circuit boards...looks great. Could be this or that but cannot test anything when its running fine which is 99% of time. Problem is im an auto damage appraiser and travel alot and im in indiana and its winter. Trying to avoid frozen toes here lol

Also, ABS, TCS, check engine and maintenance lights are on. Sometimes side airbag flashes...

Last edited by collisionguy; 12-18-2018 at 03:33 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 12-19-2018, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

I'm going to move this over to General Tech where you'll get more people looking at it. The New-Member area is mostly for welcome & introductions.

When flaky things are happening to unrelated systems (ABS, etc); I think about flaky ground connections. I don't have the V-6 experience of some other members, so they can chime in for ground locations to check.

Have you checked for error codes? That'll be a good start. Lots of car-parts stores can read & clear the codes, then let us know. Get the error code number (something like P0123) not just the store-guy's explanation. Codes are stored from when the event happened so you don't always have to catch it in the act. You might have to clear old codes & wait for it to happen again to make sure you aren't looking at something stored from 8 years ago.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by JimBlake
I'm going to move this over to General Tech where you'll get more people looking at it. The New-Member area is mostly for welcome & introductions.

When flaky things are happening to unrelated systems (ABS, etc); I think about flaky ground connections. I don't have the V-6 experience of some other members, so they can chime in for ground locations to check.

Have you checked for error codes? That'll be a good start. Lots of car-parts stores can read & clear the codes, then let us know. Get the error code number (something like P0123) not just the store-guy's explanation. Codes are stored from when the event happened so you don't always have to catch it in the act. You might have to clear old codes & wait for it to happen again to make sure you aren't looking at something stored from 8 years ago.
Agreed, check the codes first. Also, here's a link to the 6th gen V6 supplement; 5http://www.gvrdeu.org/Honda%20FSM/Ac...0SM%20Supp.pdf
This might help you locate the grounds. Also, Welcome.