General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help! @ a Job Site...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Default Help! @ a Job Site...

I am in Ponototoc, MS. The 93 Honda Accord has let me down again. After me removing a Server Rack for my Job. I was about to head to Tupelo for the install. I got into the Honda and Start the car. Nothing Happen...The only thing I heard was the Main Relay Clicking.. The Engine didnt turned over.... What can be wrong?

Thanks
Anthony

Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Default RE: Help! @ a Job Site...

First thing to do, check your battery cables, make sure they are clean and tight, also, make sure you didn't leave a light on and drain your battery.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:23 PM

Naw...I drove for 45 mins...then got to the site and worked for 30 mins to get the rack off and went back to the car to start it..and no go...

Old 11-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Does the starter engage the flywheel and click from not enough power?

Old 11-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

I've had a battery go dead on me just that quickly. Drove to a restaurant, came out after eating & it was dead. Usually batteries die slowly with some warning, but not always.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/HOW...m_74570/tm.htm

see if that helps

Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 AM

Holy crap! Someone else in Mississippi! I live in Brandon. I grew up in Yazoo City and went to college atOle Miss in Oxford.

1st thing to do: check the battery connections for corrosion (white powder). Take the connections off and clean the battery posts and the terminals with a wire brush. Make sure they are tight when you put them back on.
Have someone jump you off and see if it cranks.
Let us know if it works or not. If it doesn't we will try to help you further.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:14 AM

Well, the same day it broke down...I got a ride back to the location where I was at..Pontotoc, Ms. It is 45 mins away from Oxford, Ms(where I live). I got my end wrench and banged on it and try to start it afterwards. Nothing happens except a clicking noise from the main relay. The battery is about 6-8 months Old. It is a Genuine Honda battery. So IDK what can be wrong... This is so unusal...I going to try to get a ride back out there and see what I can do... Any more tips?

Thanks
Anthony

Old 11-27-2007, 04:45 AM

I'd print out what deserthonda wrote up and go tackle it. I think he's got you covered.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: RoKnAzn

I got my end wrench and banged on it and try to start it afterwards. Nothing happens except a clicking noise from the main relay.
Take the battery cables all the way off and clean themwell. Clean the battery terminals while thecables are off. Re-attach the cables, then try to crank it. If it does not crank,then have someone jump-start you with jumper cables.
If it cranks, make sure you drive it for a while before turning it off. Drive it to the AutoZone in Oxford and have them test the battery to make sure that is not the problem.

Also print out the instuctions deserthonda linked and follow them.

Quick Reply: Help! @ a Job Site...