General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP! 2006 accord v6 check engine light blinks 5 times then goes away

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 12:50 AM
Default HELP! 2006 accord v6 check engine light blinks 5 times then goes away

So a buddy of mine cracked his oil pan and replaced it but now the car wont start. We tried connecting bt obd scanner but it wouldnt connect.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:13 AM

A couple of things... First was that scanner every used on that car? Some older scanners may not be able to link or it was not securely attached. Second, the cars does not start does not tell us enough, is it cranking but not starting or does it do nothing.

Typically a check engine light that flashes and goes out it a system readiness fault. Depending on where the oil pan was struck you should be checking the crank position sensor and wiring and all wiring under the car that may have been damaged. If the engine does not crank, set the e-brake, turn the key to the on position, push the brake and shift the car to neutral. Then using a 19mm socket on the crank pulley see if the engine turns. If it does turn and all wiring under the car has been inspected it may be the immolizer system or likely some other electrical issue.

Please provide more information.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Default Thank you turtlehead for replying so urgently

Originally Posted by Turtlehead
A couple of things... First was that scanner every used on that car? Some older scanners may not be able to link or it was not securely attached. Second, the cars does not start does not tell us enough, is it cranking but not starting or does it do nothing.

Typically a check engine light that flashes and goes out it a system readiness fault. Depending on where the oil pan was struck you should be checking the crank position sensor and wiring and all wiring under the car that may have been damaged. If the engine does not crank, set the e-brake, turn the key to the on position, push the brake and shift the car to neutral. Then using a 19mm socket on the crank pulley see if the engine turns. If it does turn and all wiring under the car has been inspected it may be the immolizer system or likely some other electrical issue.

Please provide more information.
I have never used my scanner on his vehicle but have used it on my 6th gen accord and a 2011 corrolla. When he attempts to start it cranks but it sounds slow.