General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 03:21 PM
specsen
Unregistered
Default help

I need some help guys. A friend of mine has a 97 accord. It seems to drive fine MOST of the time, but her Tach bounces from 0- 4k rpm as she's driving, and then everyonce in a while it will cut out just a bit. Not terribly bad, but it will stall just a little. I don't know much about the car, but she said she did change the spark plugs within the last year. Other than that I know nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to add, its a 97 accord EX V6.

Old 05-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: help

test the ignition module. is the car tossing any codes? how does the coil test out?

Old 05-30-2006, 03:26 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: help

ORIGINAL: specsen

I need some help guys. A friend of mine has a 97 accord. It seems to drive fine MOST of the time, but her Tach bounces from 0- 4k rpm as she's driving, and then everyonce in a while it will cut out just a bit. Not terribly bad, but it will stall just a little. I don't know much about the car, but she said she did change the spark plugs within the last year. Other than that I know nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to add, its a 97 accord EX V6.
do as Yeu adviced.. remove the distr cap and chk all the wires ( 4 ) on the icm ( ignition control module ) ( ignitor ) , make sure they are all tight fit,, the blue wire is the 1 for the tach,,
does the tack jump as car is cutting out ? or does tach jump all the time ?

does chk engine lite come on ?? if so, we need to know the code ( s) that is ( are ) stored ..