General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Default Help!!!

2007 Honda Accord EX V6 AT NAV.

All of a sudden the a/c system stopped working. Everything, blower, etc.

There are no manual controls. (buttons, and nav control) When I turn key forward, it sound like the compressor, etc, is kicking, in, then I hear a click and it turns off.

Controls do work, but nothing happens.

What could this be??? I have checked the fuses and relays, with the exception of one located on the outside of the power block, in a small black plastic box, and it has a grey relay. Could this be the issue???

I have also checked two relays located behind the glove box, next to blower motor. Basically, I have been switching the relays around, in lieu of buying a new one to test.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

In the common DIY thread on top of the gen tech help forum, there is a writeup on getting HVAC codes for the 7th gen accord. See if you get any codes.

Here are another set of instructions. Let me know if the common DIY ones work, or these work to give you a code. The images for the temperature indicator will be in the the DIY thread I mentioned above.

1.Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2.Press the AUTO button and then the OFF button. Continue to hold both buttons down for 1 minute.

If there is any problems in the system, the temperature indicator will light up the segment (A through Q) corresponding to the error. The temperature indicator will then alternate every second between displaying ‘‘88'' (all segments lit) and the error code segment (A through Q).

NOTE: The system will only display the DTC when the AUTO and OFF buttons are pressed. If you release the buttons, the display will go blank. To return the display, simply press the AUTO then the OFF buttons again.

To determine the meaning of the DTC, refer to the DTC Troubleshooting Index. If no segments light up, but the system is still not operating properly, check the sensor inputs to the climate control unit, or refer to symptom troubleshooting.