General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with 99 accord no start

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Default Help with 99 accord no start

I have a 99 accord v6, today I cleaned the idle air control valve, egr, and egr ports. I reassembled everything and go to start it but nothing, I had gas so i decided to take a spark plug out to see if I had fire and nothing. The plug was actually drenched in gas as were the others. I take the intake box and pipe out to see antifreeze leaking from throttle body. Some how I absolutely FLOODED my intake manifold with antifreeze. Come to find out there was some human error. I put the iac valve on backwards. Clean everything up and fix it right, dry off all 6 plugs, and nothing, it wants to start but it won't. Now I have dtc 6, coolant temp sensor, 10, intake air temp sensor and finally 15, ignition output signal. I need this car for work and school and need to figure it out asap. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

First, the 98-02 FSM does not show a Obd1 code 15. It may be overlapped w/ another obd1 code, or perhaps you misread. Suggest getting an obd2 scanner and get that code (Pnnnn) as this will provide more specific info on your fault.

Other

Suggest checking all wires and connectors removed/installed during your recent work. It is likely something was left disconnected or damaged in your work.

good luck

Old 10-30-2014, 08:45 AM

I shorted the connector under the dash and got the light to blink at me. I did get it started. It smoked quite a bit, but it does run fine now at first I could hear it missing but it went away. Idle problem is solved but the CEL remains.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Wink

I would drive to Autozone, O'Riellys, etc to get a read of OBD2 codes. Write them down and post.

Although there is no code 15, there is a code 10 and code 5. Only difference would be a long pause between first long flash, and 5 short flashes. Code 15 (if it existed) would be long flash, short pause, 5 short flashes.

good luck