General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! All guages on dashboard went blank

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 05:50 AM
Default Help!!! All guages on dashboard went blank

Hello everyone my 2003 Honda accord 4 cyl Guages all went down to zero my radio went off and even the temperature went through the roof all of this happened while i was driving on my way home, also this happened the day after changing my parts on my alternator because my battery wont charge

Old 12-15-2020, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

What did you change on your alternator? What diagnosis did you do to arrive there? Have you checked all your fuses?

The gauges are driven by the PCM. Low or unstable voltage can cause all kinds of things, so maybe that is still going on.

The "new member" section is mostly for welcome & introductions, so I'm moving this to General Tech where more people will see it & help.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:45 AM

Thank you for the reply, so the reason for why all my gauges went blank was because of the battery not getting charged from the alternator so I took it to the shop and the regulator and the brushes were changed on the alternator, then not even a full 24 hrs had passed then the alternator went bad again, I took it back to the alternator shop again as of the time of writing this msg, and this will be the third time now, when I checked my fuses I noticed they were indeed mixed up but it amazes me that I had this car for along while now and this has just started

Old 12-16-2020, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Have you checked the wiring harness connections to the alternator? There's a circuit that allows the PCM to control the alternator's output, and if that wire is flaky, or intermittently shorted to ground, it might be causing this. I'm guessing(??) you removed the alternator & took it to the shop - or did the shop have the opportunity to check the wiring?