General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help anyone with a 99 honda accord 4 cyl. v tec

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Default Help anyone with a 99 honda accord 4 cyl. v tec

Hi, this is my first post and I need someone's help. I was replacing my starter yesterday cause it went bad and I found a little hose that I couldn't find where it goes. So could someone do me the favor of checking their car to see where it goes. I have a 1999 accord, 4 cylinders, v tec, automatic transmission and the hose is connected to a little tube under the motor mount next to the battery. I can't see the tube where the hose is connected but I can feel it. The hose is exactly under the motor mount so if someone can check their car I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Old 04-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Got any pic's? Or where does the "other" end connect to. I've got a 95 (one gen off), went out and looked and can't really tell what hose you might be talking about.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Usually honda vacuum hoses have a unique number printed on the outside of the hose. If you look at the vacuum hose sticker under the hood, you should be able to figure out what the hose connects.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:05 AM

I will try to get pictures tomorrow. I don't think it's a vacuum hose but not sure. The hose is in the passenger side under the motor mount that is behind the battery. I know one end is connected to a nipple or tube that is under the motor mount but the other end is loose. Can anybody help??

Old 04-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

How about the transmission breather vent hose (#7 in the picture below). It's a vent - not supposed to be connected.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM

I don't know it could be. Is it located right under the motor mount? Anyone with the same engine thatcan help out???

Old 04-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Well, that picture is the trans case showing a bent-over hose nipple on top. I'm not real sure about the mount, but I suspect it attaches with the studs #11 & 12. You said the hose is attached one end to a hose nipple on the trans case?

Old 02-22-2012, 09:05 PM

Hey Danny,

I have the same car and on the right side ( passenger side ) there is a little hose that is being squished by the motor mount. Mines is not connected either. I though that it went somewhere and that maybe a mechanic had accidently left it unattached. Either way I hope my answer helps.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ghostpilot
Hey Danny,

I have the same car and on the right side ( passenger side ) there is a little hose that is being squished by the motor mount. Mines is not connected either. I though that it went somewhere and that maybe a mechanic had accidently left it unattached. Either way I hope my answer helps.
Why are you keep posting on threads that are almost a year old?

Old 02-23-2012, 08:34 AM

Hi Redbull,

Well mainly because I just aquireded the PDF repair manual for my car which is the 99 EX and I thought I would help. When I originally came across this website it was by searching via Google for very specific problems and I found the answers were on threads that were very old. I just wanted to contribute since I thought it might help someone since I had this manual.

Quick Reply: Help anyone with a 99 honda accord 4 cyl. v tec