General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Check Engine Light 95 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
imallama
Unregistered
Default Help with Check Engine Light 95 Accord

So the story goes my mom got an aftermarket radio installed on the car last week. As I was driving it around, the check engine light came on (it was a couple hours after the installation was completed.) My dad said the radio messed with the electronics and made the check engine light come on and had the radio removed. I say it's complete bs because I don't think the stereo system has anything to do with the emissions control or sensors. But anyways, what can I do to try and find out what the problem is? I know you can use an engine readout machine, but how do I use it properly and what should I do after/if I get the code. I'm a newbie so sorry for posting this if there was already another post about it, but I used the search function and didn't find anything on it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh and if there's already a forum post about it please send me the link as I may have overpassed it.

I hope I don't get flamed for posting this...haha. And once again it is a 1995 accord v6 lx i think.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Help with Check Engine Light 95 Accord

The 95 V6 has two ways to pull the code. There is an OBDII connector behind the ash tray. You could go to autozone and have them pull the code for you.

You can also use a thin paper clip. Go to http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/ and click on the CEL link. Just make sure that you make a good contact with the pins when using the paper clip.

Post your code(s) on here, and someone will give you some advice.