General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP ---ENGINE OVERHEATING

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Default HELP ---ENGINE OVERHEATING

I HAVE A 1996 HONDA ACCORD LX ....MANUAL TRANSMISSION.

YESTERDAY I NOTICED WHEN THE CAR IS IN STOP MOTION THE TEMP NEEDELE WOULD BE HIGN IN RED AREA , SO I IMMEDEAELY STOPPED AND TURN OFF MY CAR AND PUT ANTI FREEZE SINCE IT WAS EMPTY ...THEN EVEYRTHING WAS FINE

TODAY I WAS COMING TO WORK AND FOUND THE SAME PROBLEM ......WHEN I AM DRIVING THE NEEDLE WOULD GO BACK TO NORMAL AND WHEN I AM STOP IT GOES BACK TO HIGH AGAIN .....AND THE WORSE THING IS I JUST FOUND THAT THERE IS LEAK IN THERE SOEWHERE ..........I FOUND COLLENT ALL OVER THER GROUND ...LOOOKS LIKE ITS COMING FROM SOMEWHERE FROM FRONT LEFT CORNER OF THE CAR

I DUN KNOW I AM KINDA SCARED ......I AM JUST STUDENT DUN HAVE MUCH TO FOR A MAJOR REPAIR .....

PLEASE ANYONE TELL ME WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM ....I AM GUESSING RADIATOR LEAK ......

PLEASE ANYONE LEMME KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST TO FIX ANYTHING RELATED TO ENGINE OVERHEATING

THANKS

Old 07-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: HELP ---ENGINE OVERHEATING

Most likely you have a leak in your radiator.

If you are even more lucky, you can replace radiator, refill cooling system, and bleed it and you will be good to go.

If you are unlucky you overheated your car one too many times and blew up your head gasket.........

Old 07-10-2006, 08:25 AM

Put come coolant in the system and start the car. let is warm up to temp and check for leaks. If it's a busted hose, then it's not a whole lot. If it's coming from the radiator, then it's going to be more money. I would do this first, just so you know what's going on and don't get taken.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:43 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

pressure test the cooling system and locate the leak.........if it is a 4 cyl.. no hoses on left side of car ( driver side ) possible radiator or water pump leak

if it is a v6 different story..

input the year and model on your signature so we all know what car you got, it helps us give you the correct information first time around