General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help!!! how do i fit a door card?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: help!!! how do i fit a door card?

it usually helps to sit back and re-read your question before you hit post from someone else's point of view.

i dont take any issue with responding with*** when the question is posed like that. I had the exact same response. if you're going to post on web forums, you need thick skin (though not that thick on this site...people are generally pretty nice)

Old 11-24-2007, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

if you're going to post on web forums, you need thick skin (though not that thick on this site...people are generally pretty nice)
WHY...????..why should someone need thick skin to seek help,,,,isn't what our purpose is ?? to help people ?/ And as long as they are nice and ask in the proper manner and are respectful .. I see no reason why they should be treated any different ..

That was the reason why i left other forums and quit being a moderator at another forum ,, the ridiculous way that members were being treated ,and the constantly abusive language even form Mods to members ..
And the reason that made me stick around here was the respect among forum members .and the way this forum was being run ,and as long as i am Mod here , along other Mods we will make sure that it stays that way ..A friendly, respectful forum where people can come and obtain informations without feeling paranoid about it

obviousely if they seek help is because they do not know the correct answer and or do not have a clue ( in some occasions ) of what they are talking about .so why can't all forums be friendly and respectful to all its present and new members ....there are better ways to ask them what they are talking about without make them feel belittled ..

so i ask of all the members to put yourself in their shoes for a moment and then ask yourself how you would want to be treated ..

Old 11-24-2007, 09:55 PM

you ask why, desert? look around at people in general. They are not nice, friendly, nor patient.

I qualified my statement with "not so much on this site...generally people are pretty nice." I thought that made it clear. Apparently not.

Feel free to disagree with me. Its your perogative, but I stand behind my previous statements.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: joshhocking

thanks jimblake! at least someone knows what there on about!!!
Hello Joshhocking:
Had you put in where you are from in your signature , they would have maybe figured the questions out a bit easier.
That goes in the section of additional information in your profile area..
All besides that..Welcome to the Forums...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-25-2007, 12:41 AM

sorry smag, but from what ive seen, people respond to how their treated. Your nice to them, their nice to you. your mean to them, their an @$* to you. i would imagine his comment was said jokingly, and although its not easy to percieve tone over the internet, thats how i interpreted it, and i personally didnt take offense to it.

Also a door card is a door panel. Whats wrong with the door panel, you need to be more specific.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:15 AM

ORIGINAL: nafango2

i would imagine his comment was said jokingly, and although its not easy to percieve tone over the internet, thats how i interpreted it, and i personally didnt take offense to it.
Yeah it is hard to interpret text over the internet. That's why god gave us emoticons

That sucks that ftw backwards is now censored out...that's one of my favorite expressions....sigh.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:52 PM

usually when people say stuff jokingly they put lots of exclamation points/question marks after what they just said. if their being serious, the usually just put one or two.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:06 AM

My bad, guys. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
Unless it is possible to offend smaglik, then I'm all for it!

Sorry josh. Welcome to the forum! I sincerely hopeI didn't run you off.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

OK for the 2-door...
One screw in the bottom of that grab-handle-hole in the arm rest. Then there's a whole bunch of push-pins that you have to pry out. Those are along the bottom & sides. (There's a tool like a smooth fork/crowbar, but a putty knife works OK.) After the bottom is loose, you have to lift the entire panel to unhook from the top.

For the 4-door Saloon... (he he)
First you remove the window switch pack and the small panel surrounding the door latch handle (1 screw each). Then it's about the same.

PS. I guess I don't really know for surewhether British door-cards are exactly the same??