General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP ME start my 93...........

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Default HELP ME start my 93...........

Ive just got my motor back together on my 93, 5spd... the battery is brand new and i topped off my headgasket replacement with a new fuel filter and new plugs as they were very old...
I go to start it and nothing the interior light come on but when i turn the key its silent.. naturally i check the battery and try to jump it...nothing All hoses and parts are on and tight it seems the fuses are all ok but im not sure
What could this be why would i not hear anything???
this is the first honda ive really messed with, i have a 2nd gen rx7 so im not really familar with these cars yet

PLEASE HELPPPPPP

Old 08-03-2006, 01:28 AM
Default RE: HELP ME start my 93...........

so the car wont even try and turn over? did you disconnect any wires other than the abvious to do a head gasket at all or not reconnect any. recheck and makesure man it never hurts. are you pushing in the clutch. lol just kidding.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:01 AM

ill double check again in the morning

but i tun the key and yes i psuh in the clutch and i hear nothing
its has to either be the battery, starter, fuse, or ground somewhere

does anyone know where the ground is on the starter??

also something weird, i was followin the wires out from the battery and on the negative terminal, the small wire goes right to the fender and the large one goes under the battery a ways and connects to a bracket whci was just dangelin there, the bracket has 2 holes for skrews but couldnt match it up with anything to skrew it into so i just found a hole and a old bolt and boltd it to the frame but it still woulnd start, where is that bracket suppose to go

ARGGGGGG

Old 08-03-2006, 02:05 AM

lol the one that goes to the fender doesnt even matter but i think thats ur problem man. let me check on myn real quik and ill repost.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:12 AM

it should bolt to the tranny. but as rethink that. lol that still shouldnt be the problem cuz ur getting power. im lost on this one man. im sure someone will have an answer or at least some more suggestions by morning. arent you the guy that had the stripped head bolt? just curious

Old 08-03-2006, 03:04 AM

If that bolts to the tranny, it might also be the ground for the starter. The one to the fender provides a ground to the rest of the car (lights, etc).

Old 08-03-2006, 03:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

chk the battery make sure it is fully charged, chk the battery cables make sure thay are not corroded and are clean and tight , chk the main battery wire going to starter and the starter solenoid wire make sure it is plugged in, chk the main fuses in the underhood fuse box,

Old 08-03-2006, 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 92Inspire

it should bolt to the tranny. but as rethink that. lol that still shouldnt be the problem cuz ur getting power. im lost on this one man. im sure someone will have an answer or at least some more suggestions by morning. arent you the guy that had the stripped head bolt? just curious

Ya I stripped out one of the head bolts, but was able to remove it with a special socket i bought....
Is there a pos and neg wire connected to the starter from the battery??
How do u know when one of those bigger fuses under the hood have blown since u cant see through them??

Old 08-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: hiTmanG11

How do u know when one of those bigger fuses under the hood have blown since u cant see through them??
there is 1 pos wire going to starter the one from battery .. the starter grounds itself when being bolted to tranny so there is no ground wire going to starter ,, the solenoid wire is the black/white wire, it needs to be connected for starter to work,

as for testing the fuses , get a test lite, there should be power at both sides of the main fuses,, if power only on 1 side that fuse is no good........main fuses get direct power from battery so you should not have to turn ign switch on

Old 08-03-2006, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

ORIGINAL: hiTmanG11

there is 1 pos wire going to starter the one from battery .. the starter grounds itself when being bolted to tranny so there is no ground wire going to starter ,, the solenoid wire is the black/white wire, it needs to be connected for starter to work,

as for testing the fuses , get a test lite, there should be power at both sides of the main fuses,, if power only on 1 side that fuse is no good........main fuses get direct power from battery so you should not have to turn ign switch on
all right desert thanks, i checked the starter and whata know it was the solenoid wire, it wasnt connected--YAYYYY[8D][8D]
so i started her up let her run a lil and it was smoking from the header a lil smelled like plastic?? not really worried about that
i took her around the block a couple of times and she pulled real hard and was really smooth,...

however when i got back to the garage i was looking around and noticed the coolant resevior was really hot along with the top hose, the resivor was making sounds too when i pulled the hose out the sounds stop; now either the sound was the coolant boilng (waterpump-ihope not,, or thermostat) or it was the sound of the coolant being pulled up the hose (there was very lil coolant in there)
alot of coolant was drained from the radiator,...

i put about 1 gallon back in, also i thought the half a gallon left in the bottle wasnt premixed to i filled the other half with water--poured it in and it looked a lil waterd down--ithink it was already mixed[:'(]

Whats the odds its the water pump vs thermo vs just not enough coolant??

Quick Reply: HELP ME start my 93...........