General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please!!! 2006 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Default Help please!!! 2006 Honda Accord

I have just changed the transmission in an 2006 Accord everything went fine till time to start. When it starts it idles at 2000 RPM and holds the milage on odometer rolls as if I'm driving when parked. I have gone over everything over and over for 3 days cannot pinpoint the issue. P.s. this is not even close to my first transmission install. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Old 05-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

4cyl? V6?
Auto or manual?

Any check-engine light? (what's the error codes?)

PS I'm going to move this to General Tech where more people will see it.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:38 PM
Default I apologize

It is the 2.4 4cyl with the H5 transmission it is showing code saying throttle not learned I have gone through the procedure several times. I have replaced the throttle body and the control module. No change.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
4cyl? V6?
Auto or manual?

Any check-engine light? (what's the error codes?)

PS I'm going to move this to General Tech where more people will see it.
dimension that the speedometer shows doing 20 miles an hour and the odometer goes up saying I'm doing Miles when sitting still

Old 05-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

My best guess is one axle is either broken or not properly seated.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
My best guess is one axle is either broken or not properly seated.
Both axles are newThe hub would not have gone on if the axle was not seated properly. I have gone through every vacuum line every pigtail every connection over and over and over again and I cannot figure it out

Old 05-12-2019, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Stanley Vanover
Both axles are newThe hub would not have gone on if the axle was not seated properly. I have gone through every vacuum line every pigtail every connection over and over and over again and I cannot figure it out
I still maintain one or both of the axles are not seated properly.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

The inboard CV joint of each axle can telescope to allow the suspension movement; that ability to telescope will allow the hubs to be installed. If the axle isn't fully snapped into place, then the differential is spinning (causing the speedometer to read) but it isn't turning the axle.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Stanley Vanover
I have just changed the transmission in an 2006 Accord everything went fine till time to start. When it starts it idles at 2000 RPM and holds the milage on odometer rolls as if I'm driving when parked. I have gone over everything over and over for 3 days cannot pinpoint the issue. P.s. this is not even close to my first transmission install. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
It does this when in park. When put in gear the wheels turn fine.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
The inboard CV joint of each axle can telescope to allow the suspension movement; that ability to telescope will allow the hubs to be installed. If the axle isn't fully snapped into place, then the differential is spinning (causing the speedometer to read) but it isn't turning the axle.
This all happens when the car is in park. The axles spin fine when in drive. That is my fault I did not mention that it was in park not drive. So is it computer related?

Quick Reply: Help please!!! 2006 Honda Accord