General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help request

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 01:37 PM
bartosz gorecki
Unregistered
Default help request

hi to everybody!
I'm new to this forum and what brought me here is problem with my car. I own '99 accord ex, 2 door, stick shift, 4 cyl. For a while I'm having technical issue: my car ( engine ) just stops working frequently. that happens when I'm on the run, waiting on a traffic lights or just starting my car. it seems like a problem with a fuel flow. it's just that a few seconds after it sease to work I have all my control lights on ( however no CHECK ENGINE light is on). when it happens my power steering doesnt work. Another thing, when it happens while I'm starting my car engine sounds like it's choaking. I push gas pedal but engine slows down until it stops and that happens within 2-3 seconds. What I noticed is that every time its happening I'm able to start the car again after a wait time of approx. 2 minutes. When I try to start the car before that time it's choakig again or simply just won't start. EVERY TIME I start the car after 2 minutes wait time it runs OK until next stop. Sometimes it happens 2 or 3 times on my way to work and after that it's OK for the rest of the day. I didn't notice no obvious connections between weather conditions and that issue although I didn't had that problem on the winter time (before the winter that happened several times so maybe low temps doesnt affect the performance of my car in terms of that issue). I had it tested on a computer scanner but it doesn's show no code for that. I had my fuel pump replaced a week ago but that didn't help. also, two days ago I had some switch replaced. I dont remember it's exact name but it looks like a bunch of a 5 wires and it's located by the steering wheel and a starter??? ignition??? Forgive me my english but I'm not a native english speaker. A friend of mine suggested that it may have to do with a wire system that runs under the engine to the computer. If thats the case it's really expensive to fix 'cause all engine, mechanisms and dashboard should be taken out. the cost of a such repair would be up to 2K or even more. I hope that's not the case. I hope that all the info provided above will give you a clue for a possible cause of that malfunction. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Regards,
Bartosz

Old 07-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Default RE: help request

It sounds like they replaced your igntion.... did you get the fuel filter replaced when they did the pump? Are your spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor in good condition?