General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with resetting SRS light

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Default Help with resetting SRS light

I am trying to reset the SRS light. I read the SRS reset procedure in the DIY section, however, I am confused to the location of the SRS connector. Is it the yellow connection on the drivers side, near the left foot rest, near the fuse box? If this is the connector, then how does it disconnect? It won't disconnect by pushing the top release. Or, is the SRS connector tucked under the dash, closer to the steering column? Also, do you jump the connector wires or the base connector?

Old 12-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Help with resetting SRS light

I believe the connector they are talking about is the one in the passenger footwell. If you stick your head in the footwell and look up towards the glove box you'll see 2 connectors held by a bracket, they are blue and the wires aren't connected.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:12 AM

On every single accord i have worked it has been located under the dash, left side ,, it is a yellow ( SRS connectors are all yellow ) 2 wire connector,either ( gray..gray ) or( green ,, green ) on occasion it is a pain to locate it ,, but it is there ..

*tools- paperclip, flashlight , SCS connector ( if possible ) ,,most of you do not have the scs connector so just use paper clip

Once you find it,, jump the wires together, use SCS connector or , Insert paperclip ...

WHEN YOU DO THIS YOU HAVE TO BE FAST ON CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING , whatever you use to jump the wires,,, if you have the SCS service connector it would make the job a lot easier..

Erasing the DTC memory/resetting SRS light

1) turn ignition switch off

2) jump the SRS ( MES) connector ( MES = Memory Erase Signal ,) using the scs connector or paper clip

3) turn ignition switch to on

4) The SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds, and then go off. Remove the SCS service connector ( paperclip) from the MES connector within 4 seconds after the SRS indicator light went off

5) The SRS indicator will come on again. Reconnect the SCS service connector ( paperclip,) to the MES connector : within 4 seconds after the light comes on.

6) When the SRS indicator light goes off, remove the SCS service connector ( paperclip ) from the MES connector within 4 seconds.

7) The SRS indicator light will blink 2 times indicating that the memory has been errased/clear.

8) turn the ignition switch to off and wait for 10 seconds.

it should be cleared.........If not repeat the procedure.......

Hope this helps some of you...

I am trying to extinguish SRS light, and the above directions are from the DIY section. It says left side with yellow connectors. Here are two pictures, one is from the drivers side and the other looking up to the blue connector.

95 Accord EX, Auto, ABS, 2.2 4cyl

Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 AM

Yes, my mistake the blue ones are the SCS connectors.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:48 AM

You are confusing me know. You said in the previous post that the SRS connections were blue, now you say you are mistaken and the connectors are blue? Every other post I have read about resetting the SRS light involved Yellow connectors, not Blue.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:50 AM

Yes, the SRS connectors and harnesses are yellow. The connector I pointed out on the passenger side is the SCS connector. Sorry about the confusion.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:04 PM

I can't get the SRS light to extinguish afterfollowing the above procedure. I can't even get the SRS light to extinguish after the first six seconds. The light came on after I disconnected and cleaned the battery post. I know I am making contact with the leads in the connector.

Also, according to the directions it says to turn the ignition to 'ON', does that mean the position prior to start, or does the car need to be on?

Old 12-17-2007, 01:25 PM

unplug the srs connector in the drivers side footwell (yellow connector, yellow wires) by the fuse box, insert the jumper wire and make sure you have good clean contact (use a paper clip) turn the key to the "on" position, your stereo comes on at this point then follow the rest of the directions EXACTLY as they are stated and as quickly as you can. It may be easier with two people...

Old 12-17-2007, 01:56 PM

If you viewed my previous pictures, I am working with the yellow connector, with grey wires. I have tried this a half dozen times and can't get the light to start the cycle (blinks). I even tried seperating the yellow plug from the back to expose where the wires connect with the yellow plug. I have used a paperclip and other smaller wire and can't get the light to flash off. I checked the SRS fuse and others. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. What is the voltage to the yellow plug? I am not getting any DC voltage at plug.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:02 PM

Does anybody know what the voltage should be at the plug?

Quick Reply: Help with resetting SRS light