General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help!!!Screeching sound in the engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:06 PM
dragoneyes
Unregistered
Default Help!!!Screeching sound in the engine

Hello guys and gals, please,I need help on my car, I have a 2000 v6 Accord with a 110T miles on it. Whenever i rev up or accelerate there is a screeching noise that is coming from the engine area. It disappears whenever i release the gas. Can anybody give me an idea what may cause this and how soon should i see a car doctor. Thanks.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Help!!!Screeching sound in the engine

One easy thing is the external drive belts (alternator/AC/etc.) If you put belt dressing, or even water on the belt, you can see whether that makes any difference. If it DOES, the you probably need new belts. Or maybe it's just loose?

Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 PM
dragoneyes
Unregistered

wow,that was a fast reply,i just came from my car right now. Its seems the screeching sound comes from my right exhaust. I also notice that theres a bit of water that drips from it. Is this a problem coming from the engine,if so can i ignore it till weekend to get it fixed?Thanks a lot for replying.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Exhaust leak? Sort of whistling sound as the exhaust leaks out.

There's plenty of water vapor in the exhaust (normal combustion product). It can condense & drip, but it's not supposed to leak out until the tailpipe.

If it comes from a joint it could be a simple matter of replacing a gasket. Or if there's actually a leak (corrosion) thru a pipe, then it's time to replace that part. Either way it's not something to panic over. Does the hot exhaust come close to burning anything like belts or hoses?

Want advice about fixing it yourself? Otherwise just show the mechanic where it's leaking... It should be a straightforward job.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:56 AM

when you say the right side are you talking about the passenger side or the drivers side?

Old 06-26-2007, 09:51 PM
dragoneyes
Unregistered

thanks for the reply guys,i feel so embarassed by this,turns out that my boss pulled a prank on all male employees. He put some sort of a whistle blower on all our car's exhaust.