General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP??Trying to Start 00 Accord With External Pump/Tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 03:26 PM
Default HELP??Trying to Start 00 Accord With External Pump/Tank

I posted a thread a few days ago about a sensor on the fuel sending unit of a 00 Accord EX 3.0 Coupe. I somewhat have it figured out but now I have another problem. As mentioned, I'm in the process of starting a fuel tank replacement and I need to move the car before I start. It would run and drive if it could get fuel to the engine so I set up a fuel pump (external pump that I use on my engine run stand to run LS1s and LS6s, so far) in the trunk with everything needed to pump fuel into the fuel line. The Honda tank has a line to the engine and another that's a return. I plumbed the return back into the OEM tank and connected the other line to my external pump that has a inline filter just before it goes into a fuel jug with fuel. I was alone when I tried it so I couldn't tell if the fuel pump was running as the key was turned to run. I did connect it to another battery to try to prime the fuel to the injectors. It was in direct sun here in Texas so I pretty much gave up after getting it to start on starting fluid then dying after that was depleted. I did wire the external pump through the sending unit so it would connect to the trunk harness but I only connected the 2 wires that power the pump. I must be missing something if anyone can help me. Thanks

Old 09-03-2015, 12:51 PM

We always use a tow rope to move cars around that don't run. I will be doing it again next week when I swap the complete drive train and axels from one Acura TL to another with a good body. Sorry, I can't really help with this other then just tow it and use manual labor to get it into your working area.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:27 PM

No problem. I got it going today...the pump I was using didn't have enough pressure. I just set up the new pump in a temporary jug. Ran great and the AC still spit ice cubes. If anyone ever needs to do this, the computer isn't an issue when jumping the pump. Thanks