General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HONDA ACCORD 08 LX 69k miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Default HONDA ACCORD 08 LX 69k miles

Hi guys,

Okay so i owned my Honda accord 08 since dec 11 and took it into the dealership for its free service inspection,detail,fluid check and tire rotation. The service rep comes back and says the following:

Needs transmission and rear brakes replaced and gives estimate.

I get to the car and while the service rep is standing there i take my finger and wipe it down the car and its filthy. So i said what happened to the detail and if no detail then how well did you check everything else. So manager comes and checks it out calls service tech that worked on it and they go over everything with me showing all fluids and belts inspected.

Okay fine. I get in the car after detail and leave. I am only 2miles away and notice 2 things

Heavy vibrations in gas pedal(Has me worried)
When let go of steering wheel pulls to right real quick.

Neither were a problem when i dropped car off

So what are your thoughts on how this happened if i only had a rotation done and oil change? Could the balancing be off now.. What about alignment and if so should the tech have mentioned that it could be off when doing a rotation.

The shop manager response was " You didnt ask for a balancing/alignment so we didnt do it and wont know."

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 06-22-2012, 01:32 PM

So Transmission fluid needs changed..haha!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Is everything okay with the car now?

Old 06-22-2012, 01:40 PM

When let go of steeringwheel pulls to right real quick.

Nope. Still the same. I have driving probably 70miles.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HONDATT08
When let go of steeringwheel pulls to right real quick.

Nope. Still the same. I have driving probably 70miles.
It may be a possible problem with some suspension component causing alignment issues. A small alignment problem normally does not cause the car to quickly pull to one side.

I found nothing that's common related to the 8th generation Accords (2008-2012) for what you describe. Some early 7th generation Accords (i.e., 2003 and 2004) had problems of drifting to the right due to uneven camber settings, the fix in those situations was to shift the subframe to the right and then recheck alignment setting. -- Also, it doesn't sound the same, as the drift is not an abrupt pull to the right like what you're experiencing.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:19 PM

Thanks redbull for the efforts and tips.

My series of thinking is

A) Arrived at dealership with a smooth riding vehicle. No pull no vibrations
B) Left dealership after receiving a rotation and oil change with listed problems below that i described.

So i cant see anything breaking within that 1hr they had the car. It has to do with the tire rotation. My question is what would they have done to cause a vibration in the gas pedal and then have the car pull to the right. I didn't think flipping tires around on a car could do that.. ? Maybe a mechanic who does this alot can advise on some of the after effects that can occur with a honda having a rotation done.?

What you think?

Old 06-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

It could be a wheel/tires out of balance. On the 8th generation Accords, sometimes they needed to be road-force balanced. I could see you get vibration after a tire rotation due to a wheel out of balance; but, would not expect an abrupt pull.

Did you check to see if they properly tighten the lug bolts? If they forgot to tighten them on one of the wheels properly, that may be where the problem is.

Last edited by redbull-1; 06-22-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

At a lot of Honda dealerships, the guys that does the basic fluid changes and tire rotations are not usually the journey-level, more highly skilled techs. They are usually the Express techs and PDI techs (pre-delivery inspection); not that sometimes the regular techs won't do it too or as part of a major service.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:39 PM

Redbull,

Yeah thats exactly what i was thinking. The lug bolts arnt tight enough all the way around which might be the pulling. So i just came straight home and moaned to the lady for a good 1hr..hahahahahaha..

Old 06-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Funny uneven wear on the rear tires isn't very noticable. Now the rear tires have been moved to the front and you can feel the funny uneven wear that was alread done while those tires were installed on the rear. Maybe something like that has happened??

Quick Reply: HONDA ACCORD 08 LX 69k miles