General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Accord - Climate control diag codes

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:58 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Honda Accord - Climate control diag codes

Hello I have search the WEB but not yet found how to activate the Auto Diag for the Climate control panel. I did find an example which I think was for a Honda but none for the 2002 SE EXEC 2.0i
============================
-To see if there is a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC):
1. Turn the Ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press and hold the OFF button on the climate control unit. While holding the OFF button, press the recirculation button five times within 10 seconds. Release the OFF button and the self-diagnostic will begin.

The termperature indicator will display the DTC. (Driver side for driver side related, passenger side for passenger side related.) If there is a problem the temperature indicator will light up the segment (A through S) corresponding to the error.

The termperature indicator will then alternate every second between displaying "88" (all segments lit) and the error code (A through S). If no problems detected, the segments will not illuminate.

3. To turn self-diagnostic off, turn off ignition switch.

====================================
If you know what the sequence is for the HONDA ACCORD year 2002, SE EXEC 2.0i I would much appreciate it.. Thanks in advance,,,,, John

Old 04-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

If memory serves me the 98-02 should be the same, what year was this for.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2002 Honda SE EXEC 2.0i 5 door hatch Climate Control

Hello Thanks for the reply... I am not sure what the other DIAG car was for as I can't find it again btu I did find one for the Honda CRV 2004
===================================
Try the following to see if you are able to retrieve any trouble codes.

GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING INFORMATION

How to Retrieve a Diagnostic Trouble Codes

The Heater Control Panel has a self -diagnosis function. To run the self -diagnosis function, do the following:

1 . Turn the ignition switch OFF.

2 . Turn the fan switch OFF, the temperature control dial on Max Cool and the mode control dial on Vent.

3 . Turn the ignition switch ON (II), then press and hold the recirculation control switch. Within 10 seconds while holding the switch down, press the rear window defogger switch five times. The recirculation indicator blinks two times, then the self -diagnosis will begin. If there is any problem in the system after self -diagnosis is finished, the recirculation indicator will blink the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 7 through 13. When problems in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit are detected (codes 14 and 15), the A/C indicator will blink the DTC. If no DTC's are found, the indicator will not blink.

=========================

This does not work as the Dash layout is also different. The car I have is a 2002 Honda SE EXEC 2.0i 5 door hatch

Any ideas John

Old 05-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Does this have the auto hvac? Not sure if this pic will come thru, best I had. I guess I've taken this shot from the manual in the past and saved it on this computer.

Attached Thumbnails Honda Accord - Climate control diag codes-hvac.jpg  
Old 05-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

The more I search the more I find...

1)Turn Ign switch ON
2)Set temp control dial on max cool, then slowly to Max Hot
3)After 1 minute, press the AUTO button then the OFF button. Continue to hold the buttons down. If there is any abnormality in the system when both buttons are pressed, the temp indicator will light up the segment (A to N) corresponding to the error. The temp indicator will then alternate every second between displaying “88” (all segments) and the error segment. If there is no abnormality, the segments will not light up.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hello I tried to attach a picture of the Climate panel but the allowed amount is so small I dont think you would be able to see it. I did try the setting but I dont think it is for this model

Attached Thumbnails Honda Accord - Climate control diag codes-air-con.jpg  
Old 05-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Didn't get pic's from the guide. The **** to the right has the auto, then just to the left of that is the off?

I fully admit I personally have never done this, just found the info on how to.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hello....Yes the Round **** on the right says - TEMP pushAUTO , the row of 4 buttons to the left of that **** are - (right to left) OFF / RE-CIRULATION / FRONT SCREEN DEFROST / REAR SCREEN DEFROST. Then on the left hand side of the panel are 3 buttons. From left to right are - MODE / AC / FAN. I have also done lots of searches but not yet found anything.. Thanks again John

Old 05-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Round **** is the auto, the first button to the left is the off. Try it.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:12 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hello..The layout is the same so I have tried to follow the instructions

It says Turn ignition on to postiton II ( Thats easy enough )

Then press and hold down the AUTO button ( thats easy ) and then sequentially the OFF button whiel continuing to press the AUTO button ?

As soon as you push the AUTO button the display lights up showing all the normal things like the temperarure you have set, etc,etc., but as soon as you push the OFF button the display turns off even thought you are still holding the AUTO button down. So while still holding the AUTO button in and operating the OFF button many times nothing shows. It does not say if you have to hold the OFF button down for a few seconds each time you operate it but I think I have tried all permutaions but nothing shows on the display. So the last part if the instructions say that if the segments do not light up then there is not fault. Soi f I have done it correctly then I am assuming there is no actual problem withe the climate comtrol part of the Air Con Thanks again

Quick Reply: Honda Accord - Climate control diag codes