General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda SL3 Bypass module

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Default Honda SL3 Bypass module

There is a Blue wire names, "While Running". What is it? and how it works? Please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance,

Tony

Old 01-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

1. What year and model car is this for?
  2. Are you using the SL3 Module with a remote starter, remote alarm or combo?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:08 AM

Thank you very much for the reply!
I have 2009 Accord, LXP. I purchased a SL3 package with the factory remote key starter, push three times to start the car. But, my vehicle already has the Autopage Alarm in it. There is also a "While running wire" is built in. So, my question is, what does that wire actually do on the SL3 and would it work if I don't connect it to any where. Would you tell me what it does in the circuit here? Thank you.

Old 01-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by tony209
I have 2009 Accord, LXP. I purchased a SL3 package with the factory remote key starter, push three times to start the car. But, my vehicle already has the Autopage Alarm in it. There is also a "While running wire" is built in. So, my question is, what does that wire actually do on the SL3 and would it work if I don't connect it to any where. Would you tell me what it does in the circuit here? Thank you.
You do realise that below in this thread there are "related topics" and 1 of them partly addresses the SL3 circuits and package. It might be worth having a look.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tony209
1. The Honda add-on accessory remote starter kit (https://www.handa-accessories.com/ac...emotestart.pdf) does not require a SL3 bypass (for the Immobilizer). This is probably not what you're referring to; but, I am including it for the sake of comparative info.

2. It sounds like you purchased a SL3 bypass module with an aftermarket add-on remote starter, that can use the factory remotes (like this? Add-on Remote Start for Honda & Acura - Use Factory Remotes for Remote Start). -- Is that correct?

As quoted from their web-page: "One important note about using 'add-on' remote starts in Hondas: The factory remote controls in your Honda do not work when the car is running - that's the way Honda engineered the car. This means that if you're using a remote start that works from your OEM remotes, you'll be able to start the car just fine, but you will NOT be able to unlock the doors with the factory remote control. The only work-around is to use a remote start that comes with its' own remotes. Since aftermarket remotes do not rely on the factory keyless receiver, they will work when the car is running."

3. On the SL3 Module, the (-) negative ground while running blue wire is to be connected to the aftermarket remote starter system "status output" wire.

When the SL3 Bypass Module gets a ground signal from that wire, it activates. It is only a brief ground signal, not constant ground. The SL3 Bypass will then temporarily override your vehicle's antitheft key only when the remote start is activated.

Attached Thumbnails Honda SL3 Bypass module-honda-sl3.jpg