General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hondasport

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default hondasport

wat up every body,new to the seen.need help on my accord.i got a 92 ,when started it rev up stay running for bout 4 sec.dies down then out and if i give it a little gas it want to BOG out so i take my feet off the gas the car run for bout 2 second n it dies down n out. i check timing belt, spark plug n wire,throttle sensor, map sensor,main relay, i know it is gettin fuel i check , also new battery n alt.can some one help me.also it is not gettin fuel to the throttle.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Those kind of questions are better in General Tech, so I'll move this.

How did you check for fuel? Pressure at the rail doesn't prove that the injectors are firing.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies

if i spray carb cleaner in the throttle it will stay runnin. yes it get fuel to the rail n fuel filtter n you can hear the hissing sound at the gas tank n it has pressure when gas cap open.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

You verified that you have a fuel delivery problem. The carb cleaner acts as the fuel.

If you have a 12V test light, you can unplug one of the connectors to the injector, hook the test light across the connector leads, and see if the light flashes when you try to start the car.

Do you hear the fuel pump turn on for ~2 seconds when you turn the key to the II position and not try to start the car? It is a faint whirling/buzzing noise that comes from the back seat.

The hiss from the gas cap means that there is fuel vapor pressure in the tank. The fuel pump still may not be pumping out enough fuel.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Newest Of Newbies

o.k i will try that, thank you

Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if it stays running when spraying carb cleaner then you need to chk fuel pressure ,, could be a partly plugged fuel pump screen, fuel pump on death bed, crap in the gas tank, bad batch of fuel,,