General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to install leather seats with heater/cooler in 99 Accord 4dr LX

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Default How to install leather seats with heater/cooler in 99 Accord 4dr LX

I have a 99 Accord 4 door LX 4 cy with factory cloth seats. I want
To install leather seats with seat heaters and coolers. In it.
Do you know any seats out of another car I can get at a junkyard and pull out and put in. Or am I best to go to a upholstery shop?

Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor

If you go to the junkyard and find a car that came with those seats, it would be cheaper and easier to just pull those seats out.

Its as simple as unclip some connectors and unbolt the seat.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Administrator

And you better know what your doing so you don't short out and burn up your car...seek help from a custom interior shop..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Katzkin has a kit with heaters in it if you are willing to spend the money. i got a kit from them and i love it check out my garage

Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 AM

Thanks for all the input from everyone. Now what I want to do is find some nice leather seats out of another car that already has seat heaters and seat coolers and put them in my Honda.
Anyone know a car make and model that I could pull them out and put them in my car?

Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Post # 4 has a good idea also..go to KatzKins web site and see what they have..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Accordtoy
Thanks for all the input from everyone. Now what I want to do is find some nice leather seats out of another car that already has seat heaters and seat coolers and put them in my Honda.
Anyone know a car make and model that I could pull them out and put them in my car?
The easiest thing to do would be to find another Gen 6 Accord with the seats you want and put them in. That said, unless I'm missing something, there were no Gen 6 Accords sold anywhere in North America with "seat coolers", and the only cars sold with "seat warmers" that I'm aware of were up in Canada.

For the moment, let's rule out "seat coolers" and concentrate on the heated version. Even if you find a set of heated leather Canadian seats, I don't believe they will be operable in your car unless you do a pretty fair amount of wiring to get them connected up. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, but I'm thinking the best you'll be able to do is to A) buy a set of unheated and uncooled factory leather seats from a junk yard, or B) have yours redone in leather, possibly with integrated heaters.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

The least difficult would probably to go the route of something like the Katzkin with heaters.

Shipo is correct that only Canada Accords had heated leather seats in your generation Accords and requires a fair amount of wiring. That being said, 99-01 Acura TLs had heated leather seats; but, would also require probably the same fair amount of wiring (e.g., seat heater relay, installing separate driver and passenger seat heater switches (they are located on the center console), etc., ...) and getting all the separate parts. Both higher trim level Accords and Acura TL had power seats too, so wiring for motors would be required for those to be operational.